• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

DIG DEEP INTO YOUR DARKEST NIGHTMARES

The bats have left the bell tower

The victims have been bled

I am running rapidly away from something.  All I know is that it is dark and up ahead is a warehouse with a illuminated door. I do not know what I am running from but I do not ask questions instead I see others doing the same...a handful of people are doing the same as I close the space between the door and me.

I can see myself reaching and pushing through the door, snatching a glimpse behind me but there is nothing but darkness. When I look into the building, there is a single sickly yellow bulb hanging. To the right, a metal set of stairs leads up but I opt to turn into the closest open doorway on the left. I was not going to take any chances going further into the warehouse depths.

I am running, tripping, and finally collapsing behind an overturned table. I lay there huddled and shivering when I hear others shushing each other, their voices quiet and frantic as we all struggle to remain silent in the dark. Our lives depended on it.

But it's too late...

An image appears in the door way, the shadow stretched long and thin.

The first shot goes off,a flash, a pop, a thump, a moan.

Footsteps.

There is another and another. Bodies fall, a scream gives way to the shadows. I curl into a ball and cover my ears till I feel the tap of hot metal on my back. The figure, the man, grabs my shoulder and pulls me up and out from my secret place. I am suddenly aware of the acrid smell of blood, the splitting silence. I am wretched up on my knees, kneeling as if prayer. I feel the press of hot metal on my temple and I begin to weep. As if in slow motion, I hear the click of the trigger, the slam of a hammer. "Forgive me Father for my sins." And I am pitching forward...I think I've done it! I'm moved quickly enough!

...till the burn of the bullet rips through the back of my skull, just behind my ears. I am too late.

Everything goes black.

I wake up sweating and panting hard. My head still hurts where the bullet when through...I didn't know you could die in a dream.

graveside

ooc: this is a legitimate nightmare and waking up from a dream. grave's fear is more so of believing so strongly in something for it to only turn out to be a lie/untrue/not what you believed so deeply in...so betrayal in a crooked sort of way.

If I am lucky enough to be one of the top 3, I'd like a Halloween Surprise please!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: DIG DEEP INTO YOUR DARKEST NIGHTMARES - by Naga - 10-18-2016, 10:31 PM
    RE: DIG DEEP INTO YOUR DARKEST NIGHTMARES - by Graveside - 10-28-2016, 03:50 PM
    RE: DIG DEEP INTO YOUR DARKEST NIGHTMARES - by Black Elixir - 10-28-2016, 06:53 PM