• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

DIG DEEP INTO YOUR DARKEST NIGHTMARES

There was a saying, where I am from, 'Don't enter The Cave of the Damned and expect to exit.' It was a warning to foals - to everyone really. But not everyone took it as a warning, or believed the warning was true. But the power of sacred places, ancient places, should never be underestimated.

The walls are rough stone of a gray colour, though that is becoming harder to determine as I get farther into the cave. I can still hear the rumble of thunder and the violent lashing of the rain as it comes down outside. I don't know this place, but it offers shelter from the torrent.

I don't know what this place is, I don't know who I am, I am new. My mother has left me, and I am hungry and cold - that is the extent of my knowledge. I do not even have a name. But I keep walking, an instinct has driven me from the storm into this shelter. The air here is cold and clammy. Somehow despite the fact that I am no longer within site of the entrance I can still vaguely see the walls of the cave around me - there are darker patches here and there. I slow and look more closely at one of the darker patches. It is a cracked, indistinct smear of red-brown against the gray stone. I move on. I vaguely become aware that this shelter is beginning to become warm, but I know nothing, this does not compel me to stop. I am not immediately able to name or understand the implications of the feeling that something is watching me.

The wall markings are more frequent now, and I no longer struggle to see my way forward - the passage seems to go on forever ahead of me, straight and narrow. I look close around me, hoping to find a wider place where I may lay down to sleep, for it has become quite warm. The air around me is dank and unpleasant, there is a noticeable almost sweet smell to the air that I do not recognize. That smell, I do not like it.

A sense of foreboding blooms inside me.  The air is too close here, and humid. There is no place for me to rest, the passage is to narrow. I manage to turn my body around, for I am small and sill very flexible. My rump and muzzle graze the sides of the grotto and I must rear up onto my feebly hind legs to maneuver properly. All the while the need to be gone is increasing. I begin to understand the malevolence of this place. My nose brushes against one of the red-brown smudges on the wall and I realize that this one is not cracked, but glistening wet. I can feel some of it on my muzzle, and as it wafts up my nose I recognize the smell; one of the few things I have encountered in my day of existence - blood.

My ill defined sense of foreboding grows ten fold. I must not be here. I must get out. It would be better to brave the storm than be here. I try to move back the way I have come, toward the entrance which I can no longer see but I find my legs don't want to move, I am paralyzed with emotions.

"Don't enter the Cave of the Damned and expect to leave!" A serpentine like hiss echoes through the narrow cavern. I can not tell where it a come from, but the instinct to not look behind me is strong. But I must, I must know what is keeping me here. My small heart is pounding in my chest, I can feel my joints loosen and grow weak, my body begins to shake. I have not experienced this emotion before - fear.

I must know what is behind me which every instinct tells me not to look at. I force my small dome to turn backward and look down the  passage. I see a figure that was not there before, it is too dark and far away to determine what it is. It was not there before. I blink, hoping I am seeing things, but I find that this instant has brought the figure a little closer. Now I see it move. It takes strange exaggerated strides and undulates in a disturbing fashion toward me.

I find myself running, cold claws of fear gripping at my stomach. I hear it behind me, closer than it was before, I can hear it's foot falls now. I can feel the vibrations as they hit the ground. I can hear harsh rasping breath close behind me. I can smell, through the congealed blood on my nose, a sickly sweet stench.

I can see the entrance now.

It has caught me now!

"Don't enter the Cave of the Damned and expect to leave!" I am frozen, unable to run. The figure is before me now. It has a shape similar to my own, but larger and jet black. The texture of his coat is nothing like mine, it appears to be scaled, like a snake. Fangs protruded from either side of it's rather horse like muzzle. It's eyes are a brilliant glowing green with strange slit like pupils. It's eyes seem to move independent of each other, one eye is pointed toward the roof of the cavern, the other vaguely in my direction. A snake like tongue protrudes from it's muzzle for an instant.

I can't feel my body now, I am to frightened to be aware of anything but the monster before me and the rate at which my small heart is trying to hammer through my chest. The sickly sweet stench fills my nostrils.

The creature bend's it's overly long, serpentine like neck toward me. The closer it comes the more I try to back away, but I am unable. It's oddly independent eye balls are the most disturbing part of the whole devil. They speak of a bestial hysteria that promises to drive me past the small store of courage I have.

It's massive skull is now level with mine. My quick, rasping breaths are the only noise - and perhaps the thundering of my heart can be heard.

In an agonizingly slow fashion the snake like, emerald green orbs of the creature begin to align on me. First the left and then what feels like an eternity later the right rolls down from the ceiling to settle on me. For a moment it simply stares at me.

A reptilian forked tong erupts from the creatures fanged maw and flashes toward me. I feel the touch of it on my muzzle for an instant. I feel myself falling, with no ground beneath. Feel the air rush from my lungs and the strength leave my muscles. Cold pricks cover my skin. Darkness clouds my vision and my other senses fade.

"Don't enter the Cave of the Damned and expect to leave!"

I feel myself snap to consciousness, I hear a scream die on my lips. I am awake. A cold drizzle is falling in the forest, and the canopy of trees above me no longer blocks out the cold drops that feel like icy bites.
    I amalive and awake! Memories come flooding back, it was just my nightmare, the time I met and was spared by Death.

Text can be added here, it's HTML colour 000000 atm, chane that to make text visible

The dose makes the poison

OOC: Word count: ~1250
    Unfortunately no mention of other Beqanna characters.

Elixir is  character I revived from my early days of RPing several years ago. She was the product of some unhappy relations and abandoned by her mother at birth. The cave of the Damned was basically like the Beach here, where horses go to die, but the God of Death judged each horse and sent them to where he felt they belonged - sometimes he got hungry and if a horse was particularly bad he would eat them alive (Then they could become a vengeful spirit which was a big Halloween themes plot we had one time. - Darn it I miss SATH)

ANYWAYS: Basically the day she was born there was a storm and she took shelter in the cave and this is vaguely what I recall happened with a few embellishments to try and make it a bit more spooky.... Death didn't bother with her because she was too new to be judged properly... So she kind of met our version of death and lived.
    Hope you guys like it! Shy

P.S: Halloween surprise if I happen to do well, please.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: DIG DEEP INTO YOUR DARKEST NIGHTMARES - by Naga - 10-18-2016, 10:31 PM
    RE: DIG DEEP INTO YOUR DARKEST NIGHTMARES - by Black Elixir - 10-28-2016, 06:53 PM