• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

thy leaves have ripened to the fall; any

violence

She was born in the throngs of Beqanna, another creature from a long line of Beqanna-born. The land is in her blood, she knows nothing else – for all her wandering, she has never left the land itself, has only flowed from place to place within its confines. She does not think of other lands often – they are a vague, abstract concept to her, a thought that flits by quick as a bird’s wings, and then is gone.
    She needs no other land than these.
    (Her mother knows other places – her mother, who was a strange goddess behooved to a religion Violence does not care to understand – but Cthylla does not speak often of these places, and Violence doesn’t ask.)

She smiles still, ghastly and strange, a contrast to the mare – the pale white of the girl and the stark black of Violence, standing near but not too close, not close enough to frighten (yet).
    “A lovely saying,” she says, “though perhaps ultimately a bit of a lie. I’ve been lost here dozens of times.”
    She laughs, but it’s raw, and strange.
    “My name is Violence,” she offers, “who are you?”

I’d stay the hand of god, but war is on your lips

Messages In This Thread
    RE: thy leaves have ripened to the fall; any - by violence - 10-25-2016, 10:05 AM