• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

So just burn baby, burn baby burn! - Ruan

now don’t you understand…that I’m never changing who I am?
    Yes, The fire that was created as a result of the magic was now a dwindled flame. It was independent and free. It had no master, as Reagan’s abilities had once again been plucked from her hand. The fairies, who preached against pride, had taken from her that which was hers. Again. Leaving Reagan to wonder, that perhaps it was not her who was the sinner, but perhaps the fairies, who let their pride and their lust for control and power take away their charity.

And she was not the only one. Jinju, her daughter, and her student, had also suffered the consequences, which has absolutely hurt her confidence. Reagan sees it in the way she trembles at the thought of handling her own fire. So it does not surprise Reagan when the black filly is singed by her own distraction. “Yes Jinju, you’re about to become a big sister. Now, go back to practicing. Remember that you were born to do this, and no matter who tells you that you cant, remember; I know you can.” Reagan schools her features after she says this; barely keeping her anger in check.

Instead, she sidles closer to Ruan, seeking his comfort, placing her head on his back and turning away from Jinju so that the young girl cannot see the older grey mare do something she has never done before; cry.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: So just burn baby, burn baby burn! - Ruan - by Reagan - 11-15-2016, 09:14 AM