• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we're not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again [Ruan]

now don’t you understand…that I’m never changing who I am?
    So much had happened since that night in the woods. Reagan found now, that by night, she preferred the look of the arctic wolf to traverse the Taiga, as the world grew darker and was pulled further into the colder months and her fur grew thicker to combat against it. And so, it was by night, that Reagan and Ruan took over the Taiga and made it their own kingdom by night. Chasing the vermin that lived there until the blood dripped from their maws and their bellies were full.

Reagan yipped and playfully nipped Ruan’s back hip as she sauntered past, flipping her fluffy white tail in his face. She grinned in the way only a she-wolf could, before turning around, taking a playful stance. Never before had she felt so young—so carefree. To live in happiness and feel this way… it was, in a word, uncanny.

The twilight came and the fog that settled in with the cold of the changing months blew through the trees, casting light and eerie shadows through the woods. Yet Reagan was not afraid. She was at peace. She looked around, and then up, her wet nose flaring its black nostrils to take in the smell of those around her. The smell of the rut was near. The heat was intoxicating, and she looked at Ruan, her eyes widening—the need overtaking her. She suddenly laid down, and took on a serious look about her as she stared him down. “I love you, you know. I don’t know if I’ve ever said that before. But…I do. You know what I am, and you do not run.”

Messages In This Thread
    we're not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again [Ruan] - by Reagan - 10-24-2016, 10:18 AM