• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Shot In The Dark-[Akkadian]

Uncertainties still lined his face as he watched her, waiting for some hint to her emotions. The mask that so regularly guarded his own expression was not in place today, trying to open up to her, for her. Not really succeeding, as usual.

She closed the distanced, pressing her body into his. His immediate reaction was to step to the side, but he forced it away. Instead, he held still, stiff but still. They'd been far closer than this once before, after all. He'd have to get used to dropping his guard. This place was far gentler than his home, and there was no need to be on alert at all times anymore. It was new and confusing. A work in progress.

Finally, his muscles relaxed. He reached tentatively for her, his velvet just barely touching her face. It was all so new, so different. He was treading uncharted territory and it was terrifying.

She pulled away carefully and spoke. "I know I vanished for a while, have you found a home in my absence?"

Yes, he replied, shifting a little awkwardly. Would she think he presumed too much to seek a home for her while they were apart? He didn't want to be controling, as he'd been accused of more than once in his life. But, well, he had found somewhere.

There is a place. They call it Sylva. We were invited there, if you like it. I've been told its a great place to.. raise a child. He faltered, unsure. How was it that she managed to rob his confidence? He straightened, looking away in mild frustration at this realization.

But his gaze did not stray long, and returned to her shortly after. His face was blank once again, and he watched her a moment. Then with a sweep of his head, he half-bowed to her.

I will take you, if it is your wish.

Messages In This Thread
    A Shot In The Dark-[Akkadian] - by Josie - 10-26-2016, 04:55 PM
    RE: A Shot In The Dark-[Akkadian] - by Akkadian - 10-28-2016, 08:44 AM
    RE: A Shot In The Dark-[Akkadian] - by Josie - 11-05-2016, 06:14 PM
    RE: A Shot In The Dark-[Akkadian] - by Akkadian - 11-07-2016, 05:24 PM