• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

(rhae/waylan sidebar corner of meeting) waylan/any
    Rhae
    She was waiting -not fidgeting. As of yet, no one but herself had come to the meeting. In truth, she hadn't been there long, but she would swear it had been hours. Every second that passed in the current king's presence, avoiding his eye, pretending he wasn't there, was a long, drawn out hour to her. He was probably looking at her expectantly, waiting for a prompt response that would not come. Did she ever have any of those?

The musk of a new male tickled at her nose, his entrance saving her from trying to speak up. She glanced at him and then away again. Nope, didn't know that one. She needn't bother, she didn't know any men save for their king, if you could even count him. Not that he wasn't a man. Just that she still didn't know him, exactly.

This new one was dark, but with pale hair similar to hers. His eyes had already snagged on her, the oddity that did not belong, and she shifted uncomfortably. Maybe he'll just ignore me. Yeah, just ignore me. He's probably not even looking at me anymore. Oh. Ok, so maybe still looking at me. Or behind me. Yes, looking around me, that must be it. Good.

"Hi there," he greeted smoothly, so smoothly. She flinched -ok, not looking around me..- and carefully forced her eyes to meet his. Gosh, but they were intense. And red. Her crystal gaze slid to his shoulder instead, taking the weight of his eyes from her. Maybe he was just going to say hi and be on his way. Or get bored of her and move on. It was never so easy, though was it?

"I'm Waylan. Do you know where I am exactly?" She frowned a little in confusion, still staring at his shoulder. Oh wait that was his foot now. Oh well.

She hadn't long to wait for clarification as he only paused briefly before speaking again. She bit her lip anxiously and her eyes were away again, far off to the side where he was just a looming shadow in her peripheral. Something about a nap, and a horn. Oh yes she'd noticed that, hadn't she? And then something else about invisibility and a land he couldn't name. He chuckled softly and a faint smile tugged at her lips in response and her gaze crept carefully back to his.

There was no doubt he would rather be talking to someone else, why would anyone choose to talk to her, but as she was the only one here his options were limited. Which also meant her option of remaining quiet was already sliding into the "rudeness" scale. Ugh, she'd have to talk, pretend to be someone who could do so. It always looked so easy to everyone else, but here she was struggling. Ok, form a thought. Then just say it.

"You've a nice color." Not THAT thought. She flinched again miserably, her hair still curtained across her face, and definitely did not look at him. Well, a quick glance at his face and a mental recap of whatever he'd been saying before. Land, right. Doesn't know it. "Pangea. Its Pangea. That's Ck-cuh," she jerked her chin towards Carnage just a small amount, still limiting her movement, but she couldn't spit out his name for the life of her. Something about speaking of devils and he'll hear. She'd much rather be ignored, thank you.

"...the king," she finished instead with a whisper.

@[Waylan]

Messages In This Thread
    (rhae/waylan sidebar corner of meeting) waylan/any - by Rhae - 11-11-2016, 09:01 AM