• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ghosts with just voices; aranea, longear, any

we’re on each other’s team…
    Reagan had known of the other lands, and in truth had been thinking of venturing forth into the world to seek them out. Magnus’ visit had beat her to the punch; for in the beginning, she had been slotted to join his band until Demian had plucked her from the hand of the former magician—they had met, exchanged pleasantries, and then had gone along their own way. Neither one had foreseen the future coming—that they would be the sole leaders of the lands to which they had been brought back to.

Magnus and his volcano. Reagan and her trees.

It didn’t fit. And somehow, it did.

Reagan’s attention to detail is keen. She sees Aranea, and acknowledges her with a bob to the head. She comes as a diplomat to a Lady’s forest. Unable to speak, she stands there, looking pretty. Before Reagan had lost her magic, she had seen inside the mind of the girl, and had been able to tell her story. Instead, she merely smiles a weak grin at the dark mare, using words to fill the gap, and to hopefully put her mind at ease. “Aranea, my dear, do not feel as though you are out of place here. Many have gone before you in your stead, and saying too much, start wars. By being silent, you are by far the most observant one here. And when my magic returns to me, seek me out again if you wish to conversate on a deeper level. I will be here amongst the trees.”

Jinju’s outburst comes a short time later, and Reagan eyes the filly, smiling, before returning her attention to Magnus, to see if there was any business to be conducted at this meeting of theirs. “So they ended up naming the mountain Tephra, did they? Interesting, that. Offspring did seem to enjoy that name. What has happened to him and the rest of his band? He, like us, have seemingly fallen apart.” she chuckles softly to herself for a minute, before schooling her features and returning to the topic. “So Magnus, other than trekking into our land to see the forest, what is it that draws you to Taiga? As far as I have been made aware, the lands are peaceful towards each other—for the time being that is.”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: ghosts with just voices; aranea, longear, any - by Reagan - 11-29-2016, 04:04 PM