• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ghosts with just voices; aranea, longear, any
    I hope y'all don't mind me replying. I know I'm terribly late - forgive me please <3 I don't know if it's completely dead but I've enjoyed this thread and figured why not ^_^

You only see what your eyes want to see
    You're frozen when your heart's not open

His presence relaxed her, Reagan's words reassured her, and Magnus' touch comforted her. See? Now, pay attention! That was what she COULD do. That was what she could give to Magnus and his kingdom - her ears. For now the words were trapped but her mind was sharp and her ears were honed - she paid sharp attention to those that spoke.

As she listened she wondered at what history would linger between Magnus and Reagan - they had both lived long, so how had their lives crossed? There did not seem to be any animosity, the visit appeared to be all of good intent - this was a comfort, too.

Her company - the one who had been first to approach - did not seem so convinced. He tensed at the mention of the agreement and Aranea was surprised. She blew a soft breath in his direction, a silent reassurance that they meant no harm or ill will. Of that much she was certain, even if she could not read minds or ask Magnus directly.

The child's question did not bother her and in fact the only outward sign that she had heard it was a brief flicker of her ears. Mostly, though, her attention had returned to Reagan as she wondered what the queen's response would be.

aranea
    the fire-eyed shadow of covet and sage

Messages In This Thread
    RE: ghosts with just voices; aranea, longear, any - by Aranea - 01-02-2017, 11:31 PM