• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

seeking a new place to call home
    Did you know you can smell fear?

Ashley did, and this fellow was as if he had drenched himself in the stuff. Kenji paced, his manner was manic, speaking of pasts that they did not know and probably did not apply to them. The inhabitants of this island could not help that they were male; with exception of a few, and Ashley intended to make short work of this; to test his mettle and see if he could make it as a resident of this land.

He says nothing. He approaches Sabrael and Kenji—giving a nod Sab’s direction—and approaches the stranger, his wings flippantly pumping air around them, moving the sand around with little regard for where it might land. “I think you will find that you have stepped upon an island altogether unlike whatever beach you crawled away from.” And with that, Ashley turned, the sands picking up around him, his eyes leveling on Kenji while the granules did their dirty work. They ate away at the wings upon his back, and scrubbed away the red of his coat. When the dust settled, he was no longer a he. Ashley, for the first time, in a female body, sleek and slender, a tender cremello color. Where there had been wings, there were now none—his amber eyes had gone a pale blue. “If you cannot trust a man, than can you trust a woman? Not all is what it seems here. Do not lean on your past here—the fairies will snatch it from you.” She paused, her breath going through lungs unfamiliar to her. Ashley as a female… it seemed so foreign. “My name is Ashley.”
    ashley
    I walked the path, it led me to the end.

Messages In This Thread
    seeking a new place to call home - by Kenji - 11-16-2016, 03:45 PM
    RE: seeking a new place to call home - by Sabrael - 11-16-2016, 09:18 PM
    RE: seeking a new place to call home - by Kenji - 11-16-2016, 09:35 PM
    RE: seeking a new place to call home - by Ashley - 11-18-2016, 04:48 AM
    RE: seeking a new place to call home - by Kenji - 11-18-2016, 11:50 PM