• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you should come back home; djinni, any
    They are far from the only immortals in Beqanna, but the likelihood of individual lives intertwined for so long is what makes this special. So often she'll pass a horse but once in it's lifetime - or in hers - but Walter is different. They keep meeting despite the time and distance they put between themselves, and often it is because Djinni comes back to look for him.

Often, but not always.

Sometimes it is fate, or karma, or some higher power with a name that no one remembers or perhaps that no one had ever known.

Walter is the one that has known her since she was barely more than a girl, since before she was whatever she has become now with a century of life behind her. He doesn't know all of her, of course, but nor does she know all of him. They can't, not with their constant pauses and rewinding.

The sand settles around them, and Djinni does not take her dark eyes away from him even as he looks out at the sea before them. She wants him to stay here, even if she's not entirely sure what here is yet, and she is unwilling to look away lest he disappear once more.

"The Chamber always had too many trees for my liking", she says with a teasing tap to his shoulder. "Though I'm sure if you really wanted a few pines I could manage that."
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you should come back home; djinni, any - by Djinni - 11-26-2016, 07:45 PM