• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Honey, I'm home. Nayl
    She spun the stars on her fingernails
    His laugh quickly reaches her ears; the silence is shattered by the lonely noise. She has been here wandering and contemplating how rapidly their land has declined. It has spiraled. The voices that had been so exuberant and passionate have died away. All she hears day after day is the lapping of the sea and their dreams sinking underneath the waves.

Somehow a string of hope catches her when she hears the masculine chortle and she pursues the source of it with quick, calculated steps. With the coastline at her back, Nayl tediously clambers up a rocky trail until she is atop the jagged cliff. The wind here is powerful and whips her unruly locks into chaos. First, she peers over the edge and sees almost how far the ocean reaches. She can see schools of fish beneath the surface and an occasional shark piercing the water’s surface with a thin dorsal fin. From this vantage point she sees much more of the coast than she ever has. There is more to it than the sandy shore and shallow caves. For a moment, it distracts her until his foreign scent sweeps into her nostrils. With narrowed eyes she turns and joins him.

The laugh is still echoing in her mind – hearty and so very confident – and she skeptically looks upon him. ”Who are you?” She asks with a tone encased in ice, but her eyes are aflame with the colors of autumn. There is no one to stand behind her, no one to claim watching their borders as she has, but she doesn’t let the truth slip past her lips. She tries to tell – lie – to herself that the sisters are relaxing in the caverns and that it isn’t just the two of them here. ”What brings you to Nerine?” The question had been briefly waiting on the tip of her tongue while her curious mind thirstily drank in the sight of him.

Nayl
    covet and myrina's creation

Messages In This Thread
    Honey, I'm home. Nayl - by Stillwater - 11-20-2016, 06:06 PM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. - by Nayl - 11-20-2016, 08:50 PM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. - by Stillwater - 11-23-2016, 12:35 AM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. Nayl - by Nayl - 11-25-2016, 05:49 PM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. Nayl - by Stillwater - 11-28-2016, 10:11 AM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. Nayl - by Nayl - 11-28-2016, 08:49 PM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. Nayl - by Stillwater - 11-29-2016, 05:21 PM