• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Honey, I'm home. Nayl
    Stillwater

"Good," she said shortly. He quirked a brow at her, unintentionally mirroring her own lifted brow. Good, huh? "Although you still have yet to even tell me your name."  She dragged another lazy smile from him.

I am Stillwater, he slipped in languidly, his voice low and soft. Though, the same could be said for her, couldn't it? It was almost unnecessary to ask though. He may not know her name, but he knew her by her recent actions. It was her scent that lingered the most across the nearly-empty coast. When she'd called her challenge, he'd heard it. When the queens battled, he'd watched on in silence, one of the few that bothered to do so. And when her victory was clearly inevitable, he'd returned home to await the expected meeting.

He didn't have a name, but he knew her.

Even now, he was learning more. The deep reflection in her eyes as she considered every angle of a problem. The fluidity to her stance, as though always ready for action. She was sharp, yet soft. Solid, both mentally and physically. No one would be pushing this queen around. Everything he was learning of her all seemed promising thus far, for a leader. But also dangerous.

"Still under construction," she said easily. Honest. He listened as she continued. With each point she hit, he grew more pleased with her rise to power. Although, it was almost a shame, as she was now untouchable to him. But he even liked that having been in a battle before would be a requirement for her future warriors. So, her next question had a simple answer.

"And you? What would you want to see in Nerine?"
    He smiled slowly, looking deep into her eyes of fire.
    I am already seeing it, he said vaguely, eyes dancing with amusement.

By now, the tide had gone out some time ago, as he was submerged in conversation with her. He'd spent enough time in this blinding daylight. With a roguish grin, he tilted his head to her, breaking their locked gazes. Not a bow, but as close as he'd come to one. Then he took a few steps backward before dismissing himself.

It's been fun, he returned her show of honesty. She was intriguing. A beautiful enigma, yet sadly untouchable. She could've been a fun one to play with. We should do this again sometime. With that, he turned to leave, heading to his cavern at long last. Whether they saw each other again, he would leave up to her.

You know where to find me, he tossed over his shoulder lightly, flashing a smile at her. If she didn't already know he grazed at night, she'd no doubt have already happened across the deep cave that reeked of him; seawater, kelp, and sensuous man.
    Here's to the future.

come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    Honey, I'm home. Nayl - by Stillwater - 11-20-2016, 06:06 PM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. - by Nayl - 11-20-2016, 08:50 PM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. - by Stillwater - 11-23-2016, 12:35 AM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. Nayl - by Nayl - 11-25-2016, 05:49 PM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. Nayl - by Stillwater - 11-28-2016, 10:11 AM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. Nayl - by Nayl - 11-28-2016, 08:49 PM
    RE: Honey, I'm home. Nayl - by Stillwater - 11-29-2016, 05:21 PM