• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Moonbeam; arrya
    You've got a heart as loud as lions, so why let your voice be tamed?
    ...okay, well fine. So the dumbass makes up for his big stupid mouth by being kind of adorable. Whatever. I try, but I can’t even stay really all that annoyed when he lights up, all hesitant hopefulness, and creeps over to my side like I’m either going to give him a really great present or set off a fireball in his face and he can’t quite tell which.

Good.
    Means I’m doing my job.

Those big brown eyes of his are wide and wary as he glances my way, then caaaarefully reaches out to touch my belly. And I might have just been mouthing off, but he really is being stupidly adorable, so what the hell? I don’t chase him away or bite him or anything, just let him stand there all awkwardly, his face pressed against my belly, waiting for the inevitable wriggle of little moonbeam there. “Heads up, you’re on the sharp hooves end at the moment. Kid might actually kick you in the face, or give it a good solid try.”

And just as I’m speaking, the little one sits up and takes notice, squirming a little and repositioning. “They like it when you talk to them,” I mention casually, even if it feels weird as hell to be encouraging him to talk to my comically oversized belly. It’d be a hell of an inappropriate suggestion if there weren’t a squirmy little person in there wiggling about and nudging away at my insides. But the baby gives a good bump in his direction, not quite a side-stretching kick, but hard enough that he should be able to feel it.

“That either means the kid likes you or baby’s got its mommy’s back and just picked the wrong end to aim at. That’s okay, little one, you can kick his ass when you get out. It’ll be easier to see which end’s which then. Sort of, at least.” I smirk and bump my shoulder against Kade playfully as my little moonbeam kicks again. “Atta baby, give it a go anyhow. Practice is good for those little legs of yours, even if Mommy’s insides are good and ready for it to be nap time instead.” The kid nudges in Kade’s direction again, more gently this time.

Yeah, yeah, Mommy sassed him enough, fine, maybe you’re right. I’ll play nice, okay, little moonbeam?

“Probably the kid likes you. You’re the only person other than its daddy who’s gotten close enough to kick in the face,” I tell him, laughing a little as it tries again to do just that. “And it’s definitely caught Rhory a solid time or twelve. So don’t go thinking just ‘cause you got kicked it’s grumping at you like me. That’s just all the vocabulary it’s got to work with right now.”
    You've got the light to fight the shadows, so stop hiding it away.

Messages In This Thread
    Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 11-20-2016, 06:35 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Arrya - 11-20-2016, 07:21 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 11-20-2016, 10:43 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Arrya - 11-20-2016, 11:09 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 11-24-2016, 02:23 AM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Arrya - 11-24-2016, 12:27 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 11-25-2016, 12:00 AM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Arrya - 11-25-2016, 09:30 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 12-03-2016, 10:51 AM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Arrya - 12-04-2016, 07:36 PM
    RE: Moonbeam; arrya - by Akkadian - 12-15-2016, 09:54 AM