• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

nothing's only words; birthing

Magnus smiles and nods as Eira sends her child off, his gaze quickly returning back to the mare before him. At her question, he nods again, understanding her line of questioning. It was, truthfully, the line that just made the most sense. If you were going to live within a land such as Tephra, even if you did not expect to be an active member of its infrastructure, it would make sense that you would understand it.

“Well, you are correct in thinking that we are not traditional.” He had wanted to stay away from the more traditional structure of the old kingdoms; he certainly did not view himself as a king and he had no desire to reinstate the old school way of thinking here. Not that he detested it. He just didn’t see it necessary for what he had wanted to fashion here. There would be plenty of places who grew such memories.

“I am what I suppose you would call the guardian here. I lead and serve as the first point of contact for other lands when they come calling. I am assisted by a Council that will eventually be made up of three. As of right now, there is only Ellyse who is Head of War. We still are looking for Head of Peace and our third Council member.” He had a feeling they would be filled soon, but alas, they stood empty for now.

“Then we have one singular ‘caste’ that makes up both diplomats and soldiers. It is a place for those who are looking to actively contribute to the kingdom and who find purpose in the work.” He had known how often his own life had been saved by the outlet provided by kingdom work - the drive. He had wanted to give that same opportunity for souls who wanted to work and lose themselves in such a manner. “But most of those who live here are simply residents. They just want a place where they can live peacefully.”

out of the blue out into the loneliest place that you'll ever know
    I carried the world just as far as I could but the damage had taken its toll

Sure! I wanted to reply at least once so he could answer her question, but if you want to start a new thread, that'd be 100% okay with me. <3
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    nothing's only words; birthing - by Eira - 11-20-2016, 11:12 PM
    RE: nothing's only words; birthing - by magnus - 11-27-2016, 11:00 PM
    RE: nothing's only words; birthing - by Eira - 11-29-2016, 06:42 PM
    RE: nothing's only words; birthing - by magnus - 12-06-2016, 02:53 AM
    RE: nothing's only words; birthing - by Eira - 12-13-2016, 01:29 AM
    RE: nothing's only words; birthing - by magnus - 12-26-2016, 01:14 PM
    RE: nothing's only words; birthing - by Eira - 01-05-2017, 02:02 AM
    RE: nothing's only words; birthing - by magnus - 01-07-2017, 07:58 PM