• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you've got a heart as loud as lions; rhory

You've got a heart as loud as lions, so why let your voice be tamed?
    Kick. Kick kick. Nudge kick nudge.

Yes, yes, okay already, baby. I hear you, I hear you. I’ll go find your daddy. It has, after all, been all of a couple of hours since little moonbeam and I were last all snuggled up to its daddy, cuddling and touching and cozy as hell even in the still-chilly early spring morning. The snow might have melted, but I’ve never been able to resist a good cuddle, and my Rhory Lionheart is the best cuddler in the world.

Even without the added benefit of getting to kiss him whenever I want.

Just the thought is enough to make me go all melty, and baby gives a happy little wiggle and settles down as I walk home. Not that I’ve wandered far, mind. I wouldn’t dare, not with as much work as it is at this point. Here’s hoping Rhory hasn’t either, because if I have to go actually looking for him we could be in a for a world of grump later. One more little thumping kick to my insides, which I choose to take as the baby rolling its eyes at me.

Yes, well, true enough. Getting to cuddle with your daddy is worth a little aching and discomfort. But I’ll still probably grump about it. A gentle little nudge, and all is quiet on the Arrya’s-guts front for a little while as I slowly waddle my way back to our cozy little nook in the forest of Sylva.

Rhory isn’t there when I arrive, but I’m tired by now. Far too tired to set out looking for him. Even if baby’s gonna thump my ribs for it, I settle down for a little nap, curled up in the shelter of our favorite trees. It’s only a halfway nap, really. Without somebody watching my back, I keep an ear out for any kind of danger. We haven’t encountered any predators or anything in Sylva yet, but it’d be just my stupid luck to get eaten by the only bear in the world or something just days before popping out a baby.

No thanks.

Well or at least I try to stay half-awake. Turns out I’m maybe a little more tired than I expected, because I’m out like a particularly exhausted little light in a matter of moments. The predicted kick to my ribs only half-wakes me, and then I’m back to sleep before baby can sass me too much. I’m sure it’ll have plenty of chances to do so before too long now anyhow.
    You've got the light to fight the shadows, so stop hiding it away.

Messages In This Thread
    you've got a heart as loud as lions; rhory - by Arrya - 11-21-2016, 12:07 AM