• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you've got a heart as loud as lions; rhory
    I have died every day waiting for you.
    Darling, don't be afraid. I have loved you for a thousand years.

The winter has gone by in a blur.

His days and nights have been spent in Arrya’s embrace, every waking moment in awe of the wonder that has become his life. He’d never thought he’d be here, in this place, in this position. He’d never thought this possible.

He’d thought his fate was loneliness, to live out his days wishing happiness on his best friend and the girl that could never be his. The happiness that could never be his.

And yet here he is.

He’s still having trouble believing this is it, this is real. He wakes to her lying at his side ever morning, and every day he has the pleasure of watching their child (their child!) growing inside her. All of it still feels very much like a dream. The best possible dream.

On this particular morning he’d struck out on his own for once, hoping to give Arrya the opportunity to rest (though he doubts she’s using it), and to finally get to know his new homeland a little better. He’s done a little exploring by this point, but he’s now anxious to return. Part of him almost expects her to disappear if he stays away for too long.

A small relieved smile crosses his face when he returns to their favourite place among the trees, and finds her drowsing in the shade. He steps softly over the moss, not wanting to startle her, then lowers his scarred muzzle to gently brush her cheek. “And how are you today, my love?” He still feels a thrill, saying those words. His love. His one and only.

Rhory
    I'll love you for a thousand more.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you've got a heart as loud as lions; rhory - by Rhory - 11-28-2016, 12:32 AM