• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you've got a heart as loud as lions; rhory
    I have died every day waiting for you.
    Darling, don't be afraid. I have loved you for a thousand years.

She responds at this touch, turning her face up to him to return his affections. He can’t help but grin at her answer - “I might just take you up on that offer.” He holds off though, just for a moment as he lips gently at her mane (as he knows that once he does lie down beside her, he’ll never want to get up). “Aww, surely it wasn’t that bad?” He knows that Arrya can be a bit on the sassy side, but it’s hard to imagine anyone not loving her (though he knows well that he’s biased in this regard).

He smiles when she reveals she’s a little on the grumpy side, and can’t help but nudge at her playfully. But the smile quickly evolves into another grin when she says that the baby is happier when he is near.

The baby …

It’s still so strange to think about. Only a year ago he would have never thought this possible. He would have never imagined that he and Arrya would be here, living together, in a relationship, with a child on the way.

His mind wanders for a moment, daring to imagine. What will their child be like? Will it be a boy or a girl? Will they take after their dopey father (he hopes not), or their beautiful spitfire of a mother?

And what kind of father will he be? It’s a scary question. He knows at least, that he will not be as horrible a parent as Syntyche (it would be hard to be as terrible a parent as her, really) … but will he be enough? A terrible part of him doesn’t think so … but it’s too late now. The child in Arrya’s womb is stuck with him.

He sighs, then lies down at Arrya’s side, snuggling in tight, still able to revel in the feel of her at his side. Voice barely above a whisper, he admits, “I’m nervous.” He can’t meet her eyes - he’s ashamed of his fear.

Rhory
    I'll love you for a thousand more.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you've got a heart as loud as lions; rhory - by Rhory - 12-07-2016, 01:09 AM