• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you've got a heart as loud as lions; rhory
    You've got a heart as loud as lions, so why let your voice be tamed?
    “Aww, surely it wasn’t that bad?”

He’s cute, my Rhory. Thinks I’m not as bad at the social thing as I am. Such a sweetheart. I smile and brush my lips against his cheek, pausing just a moment to breathe in his scent before I retort, “I’ve made all of one friend this whole time, love. Kade, the stallion I dragged home with me, him and his not-his-lady and kid? And I guess if you count Zin, but she can’t talk back. She might like me okay, at least. I choose to assume she does. Hasn’t left yet, anyhow, which seems promising enough.” And it is nice having a friend I’m going through all this pregnancy stuff with. She lets me bitch, wears that commiserating expression on her face like she hears me and sympathizes...or possibly like she’s putting up with my complaining out of the goodness of her shiny orange heart, one of the two.

Anyhow.

I maybe got a little distracted, but when I look Rhory’s way it’s pretty clear he did too. Those summer sky blue eyes of his are all misty and distracted, and he’s staring at my belly like he’s daydreaming again. And just like that, all my grump washes away and I’m ridiculously squishy happy. He lies down next to me, and I snuggle up against him the best I can - which at this point has gotten admittedly a little complicated due to baby’s significant expansion of my belly.

Oh, and baby’s happy too. It wriggles around a bit, settling in for a cuddle with its daddy, and I can almost picture it not too very long from now, squirming its way in between us to snuggle up and get all cozy like. Ha, baby’s definitely part mine. It’ll be all about the cozy cuddle time with its daddy, I’d bet just about anything on that. All the more reason to get my Rhory cuddles in while I can.

That sigh, though.

I lean into my Rhory and rub the side of my face against his neck. “You kidding me?” I ask, when he admits he’s nervous. “Baby’s so damn lucky to have you as its daddy. You’re gonna do great. You’ll love it like mad, already do. Just haven’t met it face to face yet. Nobody in the whole wide world has ever loved anybody the exact same way you’ll love this kid. Our baby. Yours and mine, can you believe that?” I nudge him playfully and meet those summer sky blue eyes of his with a soft little smile.

“It’s okay to be nervous, babe. It’s okay to be scared. God knows I’m nervous too, about giving birth again, about everything going okay, about whether the kid’ll like me--if it’s anything like me it’ll love the shit out of you the second it lays eyes on you though, you’ve got nothing to worry about on that front. But you’re a good man, Rhory Lionheart. And you’re gonna be a great dad. I promise.”
    You've got the light to fight the shadows, so stop hiding it away.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you've got a heart as loud as lions; rhory - by Arrya - 12-13-2016, 12:01 AM