• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you've got a heart as loud as lions; rhory
    I have died every day waiting for you.
    Darling, don't be afraid. I have loved you for a thousand years.

God, she’s so beautiful.

He’s distracted for a moment, just drinking her in. He’s still having a hard time believing that this is it, that this is really happening. After decades of being on his own, of staying away from her and Gendry to let them have a happy life …

It’s just hard wrapping his head around it.

But she’s talking, and he has no time to get lost in wonder. She has a new friend … a stallion by the name of Kade. He’s surprised by the sudden flash of hot jealousy in his chest. It’s a strange sensation, one he’s never experienced before. He’s been jealous of course - he’d spent more than half his life being jealous of Gendry after all - but this angry, possessive feeling is something different. He keeps it under wraps though, and simply smiles and says, “I’m glad you made a friend. I’d like to meet him some time.” He knows how isolated Arrya feels at times, he won’t, no, can’t take this friendship away from her because a stupid little feeling like jealousy.

He’s thankfully distracted by sudden thumps at this side. The baby! His heart beats faster as his doubts flood him once again.

Arrya though … Arrya always knows the right thing to say. His head hangs again, but in embarrassment rather than shame. He’s still not used to praise, of any kind really. He’d never received any from his family (not even his father who’d tried to be kind), or really anyone else in his life. Except Arrya of course. And occasionally Gendry (he ignores the brief flash of anger the flares at the thought of their former friend). “Thanks Arrya.” He glances at her, corner of his mouth curved in a hopeful smile. “With you at my side, I feel like I can do anything.”

Rhory
    I'll love you for a thousand more.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you've got a heart as loud as lions; rhory - by Rhory - 12-24-2016, 02:09 AM