• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

here it comes with no warning; any

Here it comes with no warning; capsize, i'm first in the water
    “To be young again,” he says, “It would be magnificent.”

A smile spreads across her pale cream lips. Her eyes light up with excitement at his words. Truly, Lucrezia could not agree more with what he says. There are parts of her, just like parts of Magnus that often want to feel what they felt before without reservation. She wanted nothing to hold her back more than ever like did when she was a young filly. There was nothing that had held her back, until she grew older and expectations became something part of her life. Lucrezia had begun to feel the coldness and heaviness of family duties before personal desires. It had always been that way—“For the greater good of the Chamber and our family,” her father had always told her.

Now though, in this very moment, she can be what she has wanted. She can choose to be the very individual she has always craved to be deep within herself. Lucrezia always had it within her heart to be that person. It was covered behind the curtain of self-doubt and buried beneath the cold, dark shadows all along. All she needed to do was believe, and to live her life choosing to be that person.

Lucrezia nods her head and says nothing more on the matter of being young again. Some things did not always require more words, just simply knowing that one felt the same as she did was enough for her. The amber champagne mare turns to consider Magnus’s next set of words. Her smile, still lingering at the edges of her lips, spreads across once more, though wider this time. “I don’t think I could ever do so,” she says and believe it all too well. Adventure commanded her, just as Magnus’s own heart commanded him for such things. “Don’t ever stop being that wild child then,” she says to Magnus. It is more of a demand than anything, a promise beneath her soft spoken words for him to keep. Lucrezia would never want to see the fire within Magnus burn out—not someone that was becoming a dear friend of hers.

The direction of the conversation is overturned. Lucrezia, surely displaying a sign of surprise on the subject, considers what he says. “Head of Peace?” She asks out loud more to herself than to the buckskin stallion. She zones out just for a couple of seconds, barely hearing the next words he says to her. The memories of once having the position offered to her come back—she feels failure tug at her heart strings and guilt suffocating her lungs. But, all at once, it is gone—STOP! She tells herself—and she turns to look to Magnus, confident and eager.

“You know I am the right one,” Lucrezia says proudly. Her words are not arrogant, but she is more sure than ever that she fits the position better than anyone right now. “I have knowledge and experience for the position.” She adds though likely she did not need too at all, Magnus, she thinks, thought her capable of it. “I will be the Head of Peace, be the one that Tephra needs. If—” She smiles at Magnus, “If you will have me that is.” And then she falls silent, waiting for his answer.
    ...too close to the bottom.
    html © samshine| character info: here | picture reference: here
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    here it comes with no warning; any - by Lucrezia - 11-24-2016, 04:21 PM
    RE: here it comes with no warning; any - by Lucrezia - 02-01-2017, 08:08 PM