• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  break some bread for all my sins | naga

The metallic black mare whips her head around, drawing an amused grin from Dahmer as he recognizes the fire that burns in her beautiful eyes. His own tail lashes against strong hindquarters at the sudden excitement rising in his chest and his lean legs shift restlessly at the prospect of this game. She begins to prance and the black beast nearly chokes on his laughter, the obviously-feigned southern drawl catching him completely off guard. Her willingness to play with him, a stranger, strikes him nostalgically as something his old friend Amaterasu would do, and a sharp pang of homesickness hits him.

Dahmer forces himself to leave that memory behind and instead responds in kind to the green-eyed mare with an exaggerated fluttering of his eyelashes. "You make me blush, m'lady! These ocean eyes twinkle only for you," his voice is loud and gentlemanly -- traits that have described Dahmer in very few moments in his lifetime -- but the end of his statement is twinged with uncontrollable laughter.

As his laugh subsides, the blue-eyed stallion notices his newest acquaintance's expression shift from playful to coy in nature. He watches her carefully, reining in his own amusement to gift her with a sly, lopsided grin. It was something of a trademark, or at least it had been, on Azza.

Admittedly, the thoroughbred enjoys the mare's natural voice much more than that of her southern belle impression. Despite the rambling.

He listens attentively, ears pricked forward and head cocked slightly to the side to display his interest. Dahmer finds her endearing, and he allows her to finish her speech before he takes an obviously-exaggerated inhale.

"Well, lovely Naga, ex-Queen of Nerine, please forgive this speech of mine, as I do not usually take part in long monologues." This small bit of information is, in fact, the truth. It had been a long while since he'd had anyone willing to listen to long-winded speeches from someone who was regarded as snake-like as he was. He clears his throat playfully before continuing, his voice warm and gruff and all things sly.

"I come from a land called Azza, where I was the King of the Subway. We have that "ex" thing in common, yes?" Here, a grin. "I was gifted the throne after my mother and father abdicated and I had a fantastic reign, but Azza was lost to an earthquake and I was forced to leave. I've since found an occasional home, but nothing as permanent as my Subway, so I'm hoping to find some sort of stability here in Beqanna." He pauses now, blue eyes flicking away from the mare briefly, to survey their surroundings, before he turns his gaze back to her beautiful greens. "Lucky for you, lovely Naga, I enjoy having my ass handed to me by strong feminist women. It reminds me of my mother."

He grins playfully, another chuckle falling from his lips at the truth of that statement.

Messages In This Thread
    break some bread for all my sins | naga - by Dahmer - 11-29-2016, 10:10 PM
    RE: break some bread for all my sins | naga - by Naga - 12-03-2016, 08:07 PM
    RE: break some bread for all my sins | naga - by Dahmer - 12-04-2016, 08:22 PM