• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

How do you capture sand; djinni
    Stillwater

He laid himself bare. With fatal risk he set his own trap and placed himself within it. As bait or perhaps as the victim, only she could decide which. He was tensed, waiting with bated breath though outwardly casual. It was a foolish move to make. In a matter of simple words she could easily hold full control of him. So far, none had realized his limitations. Things went much smoother for him that way. He knew it couldn't last forever and he would one day rue the day they became aware of it, but for now he was thrilled to bask in their glorious ignorance.

A soft smile tugged gently at his dark features. He'd glimpsed for a moment her open appraisal of him, water slipping sensually down his skin. Ah, so she wasn't entirely immune to him after all. Very interesting. If he had a way of masking the light of excitement in his eyes, he didn't bother to. Let her see a hint of his hunger.
    She had put it there, after all.

His lips parted slightly as she accepted his apology. Damn, he really loved their ignorance. It was an unwitting release from his own snare. His offer had been a way to receive her forgiveness, a highly dangerous trade for himself, and here she had given it so easily, so quickly. Before she set any task for him, she accepted his apology, and he slipped so gracefully out of her grasp. It was delightful to see they hadn't found him out. They didn't yet know his game. He hoped it would stay that way, but wasn't foolish enough to believe it. He wouldn't be putting himself at such risk like that again.

"As for what you can do...let me think about it."
    His smile widened just a little. She was still unaware that he was no longer beholden to her. His debt was paid in a matter of seconds. So easy. The way he danced his way out of their cages so effortlessly was electrifying. Their blindness to it only magnified the thrill.

Of course, he said kindly with the smallest dip of his head. Take as much time as you like. He would play this game. Only because it was her. Only because she piqued his curiosity. Sometimes he almost sensed she held secrets of her own, and he was itching to know them. To know her. It takes one to know one, right? He had his own secrets to keep protected. Perhaps they had other things in common. Time may tell.

You know where to find me.
    He dismissed himself and walked away in leisure, his heart laughing. He didn't look over his shoulder at her, though he held a secret smile for her. He couldn't risk her seeing into him, at how badly he wanted to capture her.

Maybe one day.
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    How do you capture sand; djinni - by Stillwater - 12-09-2016, 06:05 PM
    RE: How do you capture sand; djinni - by Djinni - 12-09-2016, 07:21 PM
    RE: How do you capture sand; djinni - by Djinni - 12-12-2016, 07:59 PM
    RE: How do you capture sand; djinni - by Djinni - 12-27-2016, 06:04 PM
    RE: How do you capture sand; djinni - by Stillwater - 12-28-2016, 08:09 PM