• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've got some damn bad intentions - marlyn
    It flits beneath her skin, never quite within reach. Djinni has never had a name for it, but it is as familiar as the end of her own long nose. The desire to move, to go, to change.

It had been easy enough to do, watching her reflection shimmer in the shallow Sylvan creek. She had shaken her neck to rid herself of the water, and with it went the dusky grey of her coat, deepening to midnight black.

It has been months since she'd last seen the wildcat, having left him to rove the autumn woods, but it does not take her long to find him again. He is still hissing frightfully, but it only takes a few quiet words before he's quiet,. and then a few more until he's snarling again. Djinni shakes her head in exasperation, and the wildcat disappears.

Fine. She'll do it another way.

She finds a deeper steam than the one before and wades in, letting the warm water wash away the salt from her hide. The sun dries her as she emerges, and the solid black of her coat now broken with a blanket of white across her rump. The slim lines of her body have thickened, turning the desert horse to a destrier. She coughs, clearing her throat and adjusting to the the physical changes.

She vanishes, only to reappear far away at the boarder of the kingdom, her head low. She looks weary, tired now, her brown eyes as downcast as the stoop of her shoulders. It doesn't take her long to find Marlyn - the appaloosa mare is clearly the wildcat's daughter.

"Marlyn", she says, reaching out her black muzzle to press against the queen's shoulder, "I looked and looked, but I can't find him anywhere." She looks at the queen through the eyes of the monarch's elder sister, from beneath the fringe of Raene's mane. "I think Papa might be really gone."
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    i've got some damn bad intentions - marlyn - by Djinni - 12-09-2016, 07:07 PM
    RE: i've got some damn bad intentions - marlyn - by Marlyn - 12-11-2016, 01:38 PM
    RE: i've got some damn bad intentions - marlyn - by Marlyn - 12-16-2016, 10:07 PM