• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've got some damn bad intentions - marlyn
    For all the bay mare's attempts at smiles, Djinni is no stranger to the art of reading faces. The genie sees the tiredness in the eyes of her 'sister', and the sadness in the silence between them. It's not difficult to summon and display equally weariness behind her own eyes; Djinni has gone decades without seeing her parents. Her mother and father are in the world beyond Beqanna; she knows exactly where they are. Marlyn doesn't though - her her, she might never see them again.

This too, is Djinni's fault, and therefore her responsibility.

Oh how she loathes responsibility.

Marlyn asks Raene if she makes her home in Nerine, and the black appaloosa looks away quickly. There is something like embarrassment in the speed of the motion, and the way that even when she answers she doesn't take her attention from the tree-covered horizon. There's a smile though too, small and a little shy.

"I want to come back," she admits, and her tone belies the fact that there is something stopping her from doing so. She does not force Marlyn to inquire though, and she adds: "I'm trying to convince someone to come back with me." The words are rushed, and when she does at least meet Marlyn's brown eyes, it's with the eager giddiness of infatuation that meshes perfectly with the rush of her next words: "You'd really like him, Marlyn. He's wonderful."
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've got some damn bad intentions - marlyn - by Marlyn - 12-11-2016, 01:38 PM
    RE: i've got some damn bad intentions - marlyn - by Marlyn - 12-16-2016, 10:07 PM
    RE: i've got some damn bad intentions - marlyn - by Djinni - 12-27-2016, 05:30 PM