• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (any)
    djinni

Lucrezia has heard of Nerine, and Djinni nods as the champagne mare mentions Nayl. She had known that the queen was visiting the others lands (she’d gone with her to Ischia, after all) but hadn’t spoken to her about her travels – perhaps it’s time she do that. At the mention of equal rank, Djinni smiles softly, but doesn’t interrupt. There certainly have been changes, but since she is as new to the Sisterhood as Nerine is to Beqanna, she has not had to adjust – simply to learn. Heartfire remarks on it as well, and Djinni replies that the stallions of Nerine are: “Equal, yes. But still separate. They have their own ranks. It’s been interesting, but it’s working.”

Hearing more about Tephra is intriguing, and Djinni doesn’t hide the curiosity on her face as the pale mare describes her home. A volcano? So that’s where the smoke is coming from. The humid warmth sounds familiar, but she is thinking of the Jungle – not of the Deserts as Lucrezia seems to be reminded of.

Prior to the Reckoning, Djinni had not returned to the Deserts for decades. There was no reason for her to; her mother and father were long gone, and she no longer had any family there. Her multitude of siblings had left with their parents; Djinni had been the only one that returned to Beqanna (and even her existence was spotty prior to the Reckoning). She remembers the golden dunes that she had raced down as a slim-legged foal and the limestone canyons she had explored with her sister. The Deserts was the source of many happy memories, though not of any recent ones.

“You both lived in the Desert?” She asks, the coincidence of the three of them happening across each other not missed. “I did too, though it’s been a very long time.”

She pauses for a moment, teetering on saying more.

“Have you seen more than Tephra?” She asks Lucrezia, “I’d be happy to show you Nerine -” she looks to Heartfire too, “- and you as well.” They could walk there (it might take a while) or she could be a minute bit less secretive than she is by nature. She chooses the latter. “It’d only take a moment to get there,” she offers, “the mountain didn’t keep my gift for long.” She smiles, though if there is a bit of resentment in her at having to earn back what she should never lost, she hides it well.

current appearance:
    slim build
    smoky grullo minimal tobiano
    mare
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (any) - by Djinni - 01-07-2017, 12:47 PM