• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Romek
    Ruan
    "Very well. It feels like I never left."
    Ruan bobbed his head in a short nod. He was pleased Romek had been welcomed as though he'd never left. Transitions of change were not always so easy, so simple.
    "How is the Taiga treating yourself and Reagan?
    There seem to be a lot of children about."

He barked out a laugh and a broad grin broke out across his dark face. There was indeed a number of children, mostly his and Reagan's. Their kin held the majority of the forest dwellers, with sparse others laying about in their quiet homes. Jinju, with her fiery heart, was no longer a child but a grown woman in her own right, and patrolled the forest by her own volition. Heda, the sunny-gold girl with twilight points, would soon follow her to adulthood. His darling wild-child Terra would remain at his side for longer, as would his first flesh-and-blood son. Iasan seemed to be growing so quickly, the handsome lad. He was proud of them all.

Yes. I suppose there are a number of younger bodies about the Taiga, he replied with a soft chuckle. His family warmed this land with their play and laughter. He hoped they always would.

I'm glad you're comfortable. Ruan studied him quietly for a moment. He had never been much of a diplomat, always just a little too wild, but perhaps Romek would understand that about him. He hoped he would.

Find me if you ever have need of anything. Though he doubted Romek would ever require anything from him, but it seemed the sort of thing a leader should say. He was genuine, always truthful, but often felt a bit awkward. As though even his attempts at diplomacy were doomed to come out wrong. Reagan didn't seem to mind; that was enough for him.

And their Taiga certainly didn't mind either.

Messages In This Thread
    Romek - by Ruan - 12-19-2016, 10:58 AM
    RE: Romek - by Romek - 12-19-2016, 06:13 PM
    RE: Romek - by Ruan - 12-23-2016, 07:19 PM