• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

break some bread for all my sins | magnus
    take my head, kick it in
    break some bread for all my sins

In the hours following his conversation with Lucrezia and Magnus, Dahmer had enjoyed some solitude to consider the options placed before him. He wanted to remain within Tephra long-term, that much was certain, but the black beast found issue in placing himself solely upon the side of peace, or the side of war. His reign in the Subway had required both, and a certain amount of skill to decide which side of the bed to wake up on each day. Magnus had, of course, also implied that it was not obligatory for Dahmer to take any sort of action on behalf of Tephra, but the blue-eyed beast would not simply sit around and do nothing.

It's dusk now, when Dahmer finds his King again.

They are both illuminated by the lava streams that criss-cross their home, Dahmer's dark coat and Magnus's tawny one. He lowers his head in greeting and takes a silent moment to appreciate the unique lighting the lava offered them. When his gaze returns to Magnus, Dahmer's expression is contemplative. "Magnus," his voice rumbles pleasantly, "I've considered the choices that you presented to me earlier today. I've found that I nearly always sit on the fence between war and peace," a grin, "not to say that I am scared of war, but it is not always necessary, as you know..."

His voice trails off for a moment as he considers his next statement, "It is my intention to help you, and help Tephra, in every way that I can. I hope that you will eventually have me as an esteemed member of your Council." Dahmer had always been forward, thanks to his mother. 'You cannot get what you want if you do not ask, boy,' her voice rings in his head, but he pushes it away and instead resumes his conversation with Magnus.

"Lucrezia has been with you since the beginning of your reign?"
    SOLDIER OF TEPHRA

Messages In This Thread
    break some bread for all my sins | magnus - by Dahmer - 12-20-2016, 07:40 PM
    RE: break some bread for all my sins | magnus - by Dahmer - 01-03-2017, 04:09 PM
    RE: break some bread for all my sins | magnus - by Dahmer - 01-11-2017, 06:29 PM