• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

break some bread for all my sins | magnus

“One would think the lands would wish for peace,” he said, still frowning, his gold-flecked gaze washing over the rest of Tephra. “But that is not always the case. Too many hunger for chaos.” He knew that kind of hunger personally, although he did not divulge so. He had once lived for the thrill of bloodshed, he had sought it out, the ache of bruises and lacerated flesh enough to make his blood zip. But that was before he had been given the weight of the crown, the responsibilities of a leader that he bore now. Too often, it felt like a physical weight pressing down upon his shoulders, a hand around his heart, lead in his lungs.

Shaking himself from his thoughts, he refocused his gaze upon Dahmer.

“I appreciate that, Dahmer.” He did not anticipate that they would run into trouble, but the truth was he had no idea what they were going to face. Magnus did not mind facing such dangers on his own, but it would be ill-advised. It wasn’t that he was afraid of what lay outside the border, but he was pragmatic enough to know two were better than one. If he was trying to set a precedent that Tephra was not to be trifled with, it would be better to show up on Hell’s doorstep with an impressive display. And as much as he appreciated Longear and Aranea’s company on the previous trip, he wouldn’t expose them to this.

Giving the man a formal nod, he turned his attention toward the inner heart of Tephra. “I will set off soon. I have a few things to see to. When I am ready, I will find you.” He looked back to the stallion and gave a quick, roguish smile before turning and walking the long, lazy path toward the border of the land.

out of the blue out into the loneliest place that you'll ever know
    I carried the world just as far as I could but the damage had taken its toll

I will post in Sylva first and tag you! <3
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    break some bread for all my sins | magnus - by Dahmer - 12-20-2016, 07:40 PM
    RE: break some bread for all my sins | magnus - by Dahmer - 01-03-2017, 04:09 PM
    RE: break some bread for all my sins | magnus - by Dahmer - 01-11-2017, 06:29 PM
    RE: break some bread for all my sins | magnus - by magnus - 01-14-2017, 10:07 PM