• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

There was a birch tree in the field; Reagan (and any?)

we’re on each other’s team…

He was crying his thanks, and Reagan could not be more pleased.

She had known all along that the treachery that had befallen the bear was not of his own making, and Reagan looked over her shoulder to where Ruan had been standing to show the solidarity of the Taiga, only to show that his presence was no more.

Reagan’s heart shattered as she knew that her wolf had once more retreated into his own—becoming one with the beast inside and seeking only the revenge of blood against the demon who had caused his scars.

Gone were the memories, and the love. Instead, in its place was a stranger that Reagan no longer knew. Her lover had retreated into a shadow of himself, and it was a path that the grey mare could not follow.

She was alone—here in the forest.

So, she took a gulp, and turned sad eyes to the bear…to Siberian, and with a kind word, she looked at him.

“You are welcome, friend. The demon who sent you here will surely be after you. Feel free to make these woods your home, with my blessing. You and yours will have my protection. Bring your children, if you wish. There is a cave at the far end of the creekbed that opens up into a small lake. Any fish of your choice is good for the taking… as well as clams, mussels, and berries. In turn… I make one request.

Protect my family.”

She blinked and looked downwards towards the ground, her thoughts on Ruan.

There would be no coming back from this.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: There was a birch tree in the field; Reagan (and any?) - by Reagan - 02-27-2017, 07:54 PM