• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

tied to me tight, tie me up again [MALIS]
    KILLDARE

Most days he feels like a stranger, someone who intrudes on their day to day lives- a burden. Then there are times he feels like he fits, like his randomly sculpted edges lock perfectly with theirs. Its so much still, at times overwhelming, overstimulating and he must detach himself and walk away. Away but never far because she is like a magnet, tugging him from his isolation and he comes to her call even though she is silent. He comes even though she turns from him, repels their magnetism because as much as she pulls away he leaps forward- drowning in her.

Today is one of those days when he can’t quiet the voices in his head, the memories or assumptions that fight him, they are never truly still. It’s so much it causes his head to ache and why not? The sky above seems just as angry, just as restless, the heavens painted with gray and thunderheads booming from the West. Lightning answers her, snatches the spotlight from her pounding fists, racing his fingers through her because he doesn’t care if they fight. She is fury and she makes him burn, and oh how very ironic the sky is today.

The quarrel continues, the two thrashing across the sky before the clouds open up, spilling their tears to the earth. He is soaked, stretching his neck and craning his head to the heavens, eyes snapped shut as the water splatters against his skin until he shivers.

Alone he stands, shielded by a tree, one which grows away from the others. It’s trunk is thick, the bark dark and jagged, rough to the touch as he leans against it- clinging for support. Deep breaths, in, out, in, his glassy eyes take to the mud, especially that through which he has already trampled. It cakes itself into the thick feathering of his legs, he doesn’t seem to mind or care at the moment- there’s too much going on in his head for him to worry about trivial things such as vanity. The forest, bruises, scars, the smell of death, a memory antagonizes him, too blurry to make out the fine details. His giant head slams to the tree in his frustration and he can’t say it even hurts, not as much as his forgetting does.

she was the ocean, and i was just a boy who loved the waves

Messages In This Thread
    tied to me tight, tie me up again [MALIS] - by Killdare - 12-31-2016, 09:37 PM