• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

terra
    when you speak dreams and reality collide
    As her body finishes reforming, her ears prick at a soft swoop in the air behind her head. Her lips quirk in a smile as talons clasp gently at her back, then push off and her head turns just in time to see Reagan shift from owl to horse. “Thanks Mom!” She still feels a little thrill saying that word, just as she had calling Ruan ‘Dad.’ It’s wonderful to finally have a family of her own once again. Speaking of family though …

She ignores Ruan and Reagan’s flirting (she still doesn’t understand such interactions) and peers in closer at Reagan’s belly. Apparently there’s a baby growing in there, though she’s not so sure about that. She’s not sure how a whole baby could fit in there (oh if only she knew). “How’s the baby?” Her brown eyes search out Reagan’s, full of curiosity. She knows so little about this sort of thing.

But Ruan (Father!) has turned his attention back to her, a sorrowful tone in his voice. “Oh I’ve been great! Mom has been helping me make the hawk shape better. I think I’d like to try something new next though, like a fox!” She still remembers the little fox that had been her occasional friend when she had lived on her own in the forest. She’d love to know what it would be like to share its shape. “Noo!” She steps forward, reaching out with her dark nose to nuzzle at her father. “You haven’t at all. I know you’ve had a lot on your mind.” Ruan’s tried to hide it, but she knows he’s been more stressed since that strange stallion had returned his abilities.

“Besides, I like being on my own sometimes.” She might not be the terrified feral little thing that he’d brought home from the forest, but she’ll never be quite the same as other foals raised among horses. Sometimes she just likes to slip away and spend time with herself, the trees, and the other creatures of the forest.
    TERRA
    HTML by Call

Messages In This Thread
    terra - by Ruan - 01-01-2017, 08:50 PM
    RE: terra - by Terra - 01-06-2017, 01:58 AM
    RE: terra - by Reagan - 01-08-2017, 07:22 AM
    RE: terra - by Ruan - 01-08-2017, 10:44 PM
    RE: terra - by Terra - 01-12-2017, 01:10 AM