• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

illae, any
    Ruan
    She startled at his voice, and he immediately felt bad for surprising her. There was an instance of fear in her eyes he didn't like as she stepped to shield whatever was behind her. Foul memories from her past still haunted her. But her defense was swiftly swept away and her delicate figure approached him in easy familiarity. His smile for her remained, though his eyes darkened just a shade as her pretty eyes snagged on the scars at his sides.

"It's ok," she said into his skin, melting the tension in his body. "I've been busy. Look..." He grinned at her childlike wonder as she pulled away to show him what she'd been hiding before. They stood at the very tree he'd placed her at to rest the first night she came home, and there at it's base was a small, red flower. Her breath ruffled it's placement and she sighed. "I want to find more of them, but I fear it is still too cold."

He smiled warmly and stepped back in to place at her side, dark muzzle resting at her nape just behind her ear. Yes, you're probably right. But it will warm again soon, his voice rumbled smoothly. He took a moment to breathe her comforting fragrance, something sweet and floral like a calming lavender, and when he stepped back again there were a number of identical flowers circling the base; ice-blue instead of red. Not so many that the ground would become soggy when they eventually melted, but enough to come full circle with her red one proudly at the center.

Maybe that will do for now? he asked softly.
    And in the spring, we can look for more if you like.

Messages In This Thread
    illae, any - by Ruan - 01-14-2017, 12:29 PM
    RE: illae, any - by Illae - 01-15-2017, 12:51 AM
    RE: illae, any - by Ruan - 01-17-2017, 09:33 PM