• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any

Eventually, he had gone to find Dahmer again.

It hadn’t taken much to find the behemoth; he had been making his presence known throughout the last few years, his activity a constant in Tephra, the land flourishing for his efforts. Magnus walked up near him and nodded. “Sylva first, I think.” It made sense—geographically speaking, at least. It was on the way to Pangea and was also most likely going to be a significantly friendlier visit. He figured it would be a good time for him to get a feel for how Dahmer reacted in diplomatic scenarios. A warm-up.

Then, with a nod, the two set out toward the border of Tephra, crossing the glowing streams of magma and then the thin, shallow watery borders. The conversation was not dull but the two did not talk much as they passed the common grounds, circling around the meadow and forest and then the field. It wasn't that Magnus did not enjoy Dahmer’s company; it was simply that the golden soldier had a lot on his mind, and he did not feel obligated to carry along shallow pleasantries. He had a feeling the other would understand.

When they had skirted Taiga, the last of Magnus’ personal visits, he noticed the landscape changing. The fog began to lift, helping to ease the chill of winter, and the trees began to shift—subtly at first and then drastically. Where the trees of Taiga were thick, huge, towering, the ground thick with pine needles, the trees here were smaller, closely clustered. Although they now stood mostly bare, their branches tangling and reaching outward, he had a feeling the leaves would be magnificent to look upon during the spring.

Coming to a stop, he motioned to Dahmer. There was no clear borders here and no clear protocol in this new and wild land of Beqanna, but he would do his best to observe the old standards of kingdom visits. If this was indeed a kingdom. So much had changed. Clearing his mind, Magnus lifted his head and let loose and low, throaty call to whoever was nearby, hoping to meet some of the residents at the very least.

out of the blue out into the loneliest place that you'll ever know
    I carried the world just as far as I could but the damage had taken its toll

@[Dahmer]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by magnus - 01-15-2017, 01:36 AM
    RE: the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by Dahmer - 01-18-2017, 10:49 PM
    RE: the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by Dahmer - 01-28-2017, 09:07 PM
    RE: the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by Dahmer - 02-03-2017, 08:35 PM