• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any

It was a strange sensation to find himself back in these habits and patterns, making his way through other kingdoms, other lands, with diplomacy on his tongue. It brought him back to the old world, to the way that it used to be; he could feel it under his skin, that familiarity so close and yet so far. If he closed his eyes, he could very well be on his way to the Dale or to the Falls, although neither kingdom carried such a thick forest as this one. In truth, the only thing that had come close had been the pines of the Chamber.

But that was neither here nor there, and he shook his head to rid himself of the memory.

He focused just as the mare approach, studying her slim build, the patches of smoke and ice that adorned her body, although perhaps not as apparent as the gold that rung around her ankles. What an odd, beautiful creature. His smile grew, charming as ever, relaxed in her presence. “It is a pleasure to meet you, Djinni,” her name sounded foreign, and he tested the syllables, carving them into his memory.

Magnus gave his attention to Dahmer as he introduced himself and then turned his gold-flecked gaze to the mare, giving her his full attention. “And my name is Magnus. We come from Tephra.” He motioned over his shoulder to the area from which they had come. “Most people simply know us for the volcano.” It was hard to miss, the way that it jutted upward and watched over the entire land, looking out for them. “We simply came to visit and learn more about the lands around us. To better understand our neighbors.”

It did him no good as a leader if he didn’t understand what surrounded them.

out of the blue out into the loneliest place that you'll ever know
    I carried the world just as far as I could but the damage had taken its toll

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by Dahmer - 01-18-2017, 10:49 PM
    RE: the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by magnus - 01-22-2017, 09:04 PM
    RE: the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by Dahmer - 01-28-2017, 09:07 PM
    RE: the dark, it burns my eyes; dahmer, any - by Dahmer - 02-03-2017, 08:35 PM