• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the things we love destroy us every time; zilpah

Zilpah brings a wing over her back, and she smiles gratefully at the bay mare. It’s not much, but at least a portion of her back doesn’t feel like it’s about to go up in flames. “Yeah. It didn’t matter so much when I was a kid, but now …” She sighs. She could fight it, she supposes. Other mares have forced their way into the Tundra ranks. But … they never got very far. It doesn’t seem worth it.

Her eyes widen when Zilpah suddenly speaks of love and she looks away, feeling awkward. “Love? Uhh I don’t know about that.” The stallions in the Tundra had all been serious older men, dedicated to their kingdom. They’d paid her little attention, and frankly, she’d done the same to them. She’d been far more concerned with her mother and her siblings.

Zilpah mentions that she’s always welcome in the Desert, and her gaze returns to the winged mare. It’s a kind gesture, but she doubts she could never be comfortable here. “Thank you. It’s beautiful here, but I don’t know how well I’d do with the heat. I’m too used to the cold.” She’s distinctly aware of the sweat drenching her coat. “Unfortunately that seems to be the case everywhere these days. It’s growing quiet.” The Tundra too, is all but silent.

Then Zilpah begins speaking about a Great Adventure she’s planning on going on with her friends, and something inside her latches on. Leaving Beqanna … it’s not something she’s really considered before. After all, her family is here - Rigdon, Rhaegar and Brisk are here. And yet …

It intrigues her. There’s so much out there in the world that she does not know about. So many lands to discover, horses to meet … she wants to do it. “I … I think I would.” It’s terrifying, but it feels right to accept. After all, what else is she even doing with her life?

rosalinde

the things we love destroy us every time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the things we love destroy us every time (zilpah) - by Rosalinde - 07-28-2015, 02:49 AM