• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

zoryn, dovev, anyone;
    Her little lips met him and held him for a moment before she was taking a step away to stand on her own. He immediately tugged her back into him, each time she moved he pulled her closer again.

"I loved you, Dovev, and you left me like everyone else." He froze, his heart shattering and his head shaking. He was controlling, it was his nature, but everything was slipping through his grasp. It shook him to his core, and he gripped at any form of control he could. He hated that past tense. She should still love him, even if he was revolting now. Shouldn't she? But he couldn't blame her for it, couldn't hold it against her. Just look at him. "May she remind you of what you were when I found you."

A reminder, her solemn little voice broke in, of evil.

NO!!

He had always been the calm and steady, the strength and foundation. He crumpled, he fell to his knees at his Cerva's head. He bent, he broke for her. His heart bled out and choked him.

Cerva, please.. he begged, another tear streamed down his face, dribbling away with the last thread of his happiness. He was desperate for her to understand, to take him back and be happy again. He needed her joy, her love. Her warmth. I did it for us, I swear. I did it for you. Look at me, Cerva, look. I am made a weapon for you. For you! His voice broke, raw with emotion and he swallowed the pain, so much pain. So so much pain. He did it to protect her, to always keep her safe with him.

I wasn't meant to be gone so long, Cerva. I swear it. My memory was gone until I saw you. You healed it, Cerva. Your face brought it all back. Don't you see I need you? Don't you feel anything at all for us still? His fragile eyes slid to their daughter, cradling her little face that was more like him than she'd ever truly see. He slowly frowned, feeling the anger birthing to life within him. So gradually it grew, sharpening his obsidian gaze to a metallic glint. He didn't handle pain so well, not this kind. Blood and fractures in bone, he could take, he wouldn't even notice them. He could walk in pieces and never show it. But this pain was unreachable, unbearable. It was too much and it was instead transformed into bitterness and fury. His jaw clenched, his muscles tightened.

He turned that heavy stare to Cerva, slowly rising to his feet again. Strong again, a foundation around his broken and tortured soul.

Do not abandon us, Cerva. His voice was flint, the depth of his love for her burning his throat with acid. Hate me. Break me. Make me hurt as you do. But do not leave. Promise you'll never let us go. She does not deserve it. I do. So break me, but stay. I will make this up to you. I will do anything for you. I always have. He paused, searching his mind for anything at all that could bring her back from this. As he had in training, everything was pushed from his mind without thinking about it. His focus was here, on her. Nothing else mattered. He thought..something should.

But his mind pushed it away, held it outside of himself.
    All that mattered was here. wasn't it?

Messages In This Thread
    zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Cerva - 01-22-2017, 02:11 PM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Zoryn - 01-23-2017, 01:43 AM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Dovev - 01-23-2017, 10:04 PM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Cerva - 01-24-2017, 08:52 PM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Dovev - 01-28-2017, 01:36 AM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Cerva - 01-28-2017, 06:59 PM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Dovev - 01-28-2017, 09:30 PM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Cerva - 01-28-2017, 10:55 PM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Dovev - 01-29-2017, 11:16 AM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Zoryn - 01-31-2017, 10:37 PM