• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

zoryn, dovev, anyone;
    Do something.
    Zoryn
    As he stands near the woman laying in a heap before him with her child- their child, hers and Dov's- his gaze never waives from the other man's face. He catches the exact moment it all finally sinks in. The hesitation, the awareness. The concern, the anger. Even better, the guilt. Zoryn releases a long sigh, his breathing from the run returning to normal. With it, all his rage suddenly drains from him and he realizes how exhausted he is. How long had he been so angry and frustrated, longing for this very moment? Dovev remembers him. And her. Because of her, he finally remembers. The relief is almost just as fulfilling as climaxing. Almost, if not for the fact he couldn't claim the satisfaction of winning this fight by himself. Still, he is... something akin to grateful for his success. Satisfied enough to stand silently by them as they carry on as though he isn't there.

What they say to one another is of little import to him, but he watches the play of emotions passing over Dovev's face. How pathetic he suddenly seems as he comes to grovel to this woman, begging her to forgive him, and finally acknowledging their love-child. Zoryn's gaze falls to the baby girl, taking in her hollowed sockets where eyes should be and her soft red tobiano baby fuzz coating her still-damp body. Idly, he finds himself lowering his head to the girl. Atrani, she called her. His muzzle reaches toward her, breath fanning her blondish mane just lightly as he sniffs at her. But he jerks his head back in surprise when attention from them all directs at him. Cerva looks at him, her voice cutting the air with her betrayal. Dovev glares blame at him, motions him to leave lest he ruin this for him. Ha! HE ruin this? Hardly, Dovev. You've done that all on your own. But still, he remains silent, only baring his own teeth and snapping at Dovev to mirror the gesture. The girl had asked who he is, as well as the other woman whose scent still clings to Dovev's skin. Smart girl. Something dark stirs in Zor's chest as he stares hard back at Dovev, wondering if he will say. But of course he doesn't. Of course. So he wouldn't further the pain in his dear Cerva and their fresh child.

With a frustrated sigh, Zor contemplates leaving. This scene is boring, and not what he deeply craves. He can find Dovev later, now that he knows he remembers. How delicious their reunion would be. Not like now, where he stands basically obsolete. A muscle in his shoulder twitches as he barely begins to lift a foot to turn and leave. But then their words break through his shield and he finds himself rooted to the ground. Tail lashes against his hide, and his head raises defiantly. Slowly, he feels his blood burn hot once more. "You will leave me again for her. For him." Her head tilts toward him and Dovev breaks. The other man dives into his woman. "No! That's not true!" And then he goes on to say there is only her and blah, blah, blah.

Zoryn snorts. Loudly, and without much thought. He can hardly stand it. To stand silently by and let Dovev say that he is just a stranger and their time had meant nothing. "Cerva, your mere presence was strong enough to restore his memories. I don't doubt you need each other. That is why I brought him here. He had to be lured. I had to make him remember." His voice, deep and heavy, is full of sincerity as he levels an honest stare at the bay woman. He cannot deny he has come to feel something close to sympathy for the mare, a kind of kinship. She better feel grateful. If not for him, she would still be laying there alone. But then his expression turns dark as he slides his gaze to Dovev. "I will leave you for now, to enjoy what time you may have left..." At this, he spares a pointed glance to the mare's rear end that still bleeds. "But make no mistake: I will not be denied by you again. You will return to me, or I will find you." He is unblinking in his fervent glare as he makes his vow. Already, Zoryn had been denied by Dovev. A time or two too many, if he was to say so. He would get what he needs- what he craves- from him. Or he would take it. Willing or not. Standing there for a moment or two longer to make sure his point has set in, he finally turns and moves off. Some distance later, he wonders where his sister is of late. His mouth waters as he sets into a higher pace to find her.

Messages In This Thread
    zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Cerva - 01-22-2017, 02:11 PM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Zoryn - 01-23-2017, 01:43 AM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Dovev - 01-23-2017, 10:04 PM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Cerva - 01-24-2017, 08:52 PM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Dovev - 01-28-2017, 01:36 AM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Cerva - 01-28-2017, 06:59 PM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Dovev - 01-28-2017, 09:30 PM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Cerva - 01-28-2017, 10:55 PM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Dovev - 01-29-2017, 11:16 AM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Zoryn - 01-31-2017, 10:37 PM
    RE: zoryn, dovev, anyone; - by Cerva - 02-01-2017, 09:03 PM