• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[Open] Dawn of a New Day...
    Stillwater
    He woke up groggy, bleary-eyed and thick-headed. No matter how he blinked, it wouldn't clear the cloudy haze over his eyes or the splitting headache piercing his head like a metal spike. He wasn't sure how long he huddled deep in his cave waiting for it all to right itself. He may have fallen back asleep at some point.

When he finally crawled out to the world, his muscles had to stretch and warm back into movement. It didn't take all that long, thankfully, but it had been damned uncomfortable. The pain in his skull lingered, though, and he kept to the darkest parts of the forest as he skirted the lake. When he would normally just rest at the water, he instead took a path with no direction, no destination in mind. His body guided him, perhaps his nose had as well when he realized what he was trailing. Who he was trailing.

He paused at the edge of the private meadow tucked away in Sylva, shaded in the trees. The sun's brightness here made him reluctant to break out of that shelter. He'd always been a creature of night, even in Nerine. He'd lounged in his darkness there, until night fell over the land, and then he'd make his way to food where the moonlight kissed him. He decided he much liked Sylva after all, with its endless night beneath the thick forest. He could come out at any time he wanted.

Oh, well.

His eyes adjusted to the light and he moved steadily forward.
    Karaugh, he greeted smoothly with a rakish grin and a mischievous twinkle in his dark eyes. You look ravishing, as always. He winked and glanced to the child. Dark purple and winged. Why must it have wings. He withheld his dismay, masked it behind a smile that faltered in uncertainty.

You haven't brought him to meet me yet. Could I do so now? he asked softly, placing himself at her side where they could watch the boy. He should know who he is sworn to protect, after all, but he had hoped she'd bring him by herself. Maybe she didn't want him around her child. Maybe even now he was offending her by being here.
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    [Open] Dawn of a New Day... - by Karaugh - 01-27-2017, 08:40 AM
    RE: [Open] Dawn of a New Day... - by Klaudius - 01-28-2017, 02:41 PM
    RE: [Open] Dawn of a New Day... - by Karaugh - 01-30-2017, 11:14 AM
    RE: [Open] Dawn of a New Day... - by Stillwater - 01-30-2017, 12:52 PM
    RE: [Open] Dawn of a New Day... - by Karaugh - 01-31-2017, 01:55 PM
    RE: [Open] Dawn of a New Day... - by Klaudius - 01-31-2017, 03:08 PM
    RE: [Open] Dawn of a New Day... - by Stillwater - 02-03-2017, 12:33 PM
    RE: [Open] Dawn of a New Day... - by Klaudius - 02-04-2017, 02:26 PM
    RE: [Open] Dawn of a New Day... - by Stillwater - 02-07-2017, 09:20 AM