• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[Open] Dawn of a New Day...
    Stillwater
    The boy startled, perhaps as jumpy and flighty as the winged creatures he resembled, and he squared his shoulders and stood taller. Stillwater smiled carefully, the boy growing excited at his question and eager to prove his abilities.

"Watch this!" and the colt stirred up currents of wind, bird's appendages battering the air with the determination of a young boy. He seemed to concentrate more, his eyes sliding shut and wings laboring, and at last he was lifting above the ground. Hovering, levitating. His little eyes shot open, a wide grin proudly across his face and a bright light in his gaze. "Did you see that?!!"

Stillwater smiled too, indulgant, and nodded. That was impressive for one so young. You'll be soaring in no time, I'm sure. He couldn't fathom wanting to do such a thing himself, but it seemed of interest to ones with wings. The land, the water, was where he belonged. Never the skies. The skies were for stars, stars that were so elusive in this forest of darkness where the trees blocked out the sky. His head tilted.

Do you like it here, Klaudius? he asked, wondering if a child born here could know to miss the stars as much as he did. Do you like your home too, where you sleep with your mother? He knew she'd chosen a hollow in the ridgeline, but not which one precisely. His mother had also raised him in dark places, damp places, and he craved nothing different. Would Klaudius grow to seek the skies only at night then? Or would it not affect him so deeply as it had Stillwater.
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    [Open] Dawn of a New Day... - by Karaugh - 01-27-2017, 08:40 AM
    RE: [Open] Dawn of a New Day... - by Klaudius - 01-28-2017, 02:41 PM
    RE: [Open] Dawn of a New Day... - by Karaugh - 01-30-2017, 11:14 AM
    RE: [Open] Dawn of a New Day... - by Stillwater - 01-30-2017, 12:52 PM
    RE: [Open] Dawn of a New Day... - by Karaugh - 01-31-2017, 01:55 PM
    RE: [Open] Dawn of a New Day... - by Klaudius - 01-31-2017, 03:08 PM
    RE: [Open] Dawn of a New Day... - by Stillwater - 02-03-2017, 12:33 PM
    RE: [Open] Dawn of a New Day... - by Klaudius - 02-04-2017, 02:26 PM
    RE: [Open] Dawn of a New Day... - by Stillwater - 02-07-2017, 09:20 AM