• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

somewhere my lifeline still hums and sings; Kilter/Raeg'n and Any
    -Raeg'n-
    "Do any of you live here?" the voice was hard, belonging to an equally stern mare. "We haven't yet met, I'm Nayl, Queen of Nerine."

Raeg'n, she replied simply, a slight dip to her head in neutral respect.

Raeg'n was wary but generally at ease next to Ruan as the queen joined them and introduced herself. The woman was clearly capable in a scuffle, but she did not alarm the nightly mare's need to protect Ruan. And he, too, was at ease -as he should be- and he addressed her without any hesitation and that shining light in his eyes. Raeg'n's heart warmed at that healthy glow, but it swiftly turned to a bright fire reflected in her amber eyes at the newest addition.

Her senses spiked and she shifted instinctively to place herself between the lion-mare and her boy, staring hard in open warning. Their previous encounter had not been pleasant, and Raeg'n would let it be known Ruan's health and happiness were hers to secure and no amount of teeth and claws would sway her. The dark cub grew excited at her boy's statement. Raeg'n was not pleased with the idea of them playing together, and didn't bother to hide it with a sharpness to her stare.

Then again, she was not his mother and would not keep him from it if it was something he wished to do. But she would be a constant presence, a trained eye, as she always was. She was his and he would be safe.

The lion-mare spoke up again.
    "Is that so? Then why have I see you two before? And if Pangea lacks such resources, than why haven't any of their other inhabitants come to Nerine?"
    Raeg'n sniffed but gave no other response as her gaze settled on the Nerine-Queen, waiting to see how she answered her friend Carwyn. It was no concern of Raeg'n's what Pangea's scum did or didn't do with themselves. Her boy would have the very best even if it meant they danced borders to get it for him.

Image © Wizards of the Coast LLC

Messages In This Thread
    RE: somewhere my lifeline still hums and sings; Kilter/Raeg'n and Any - by Raeg'n - 02-06-2017, 06:34 PM