• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

give me something to believe in; any

Ashley is shattered.

That Wallace would turn from him and spit words at him as if there was nothing between them—familiar feelings, love, lust, and all the affection of family—cut him further than he would ever let the dragon see. Sabrael’s feelings for Wallace were not as subtle as he wished they would be, but it warmed the ginger-king’s heart to know that there was someone who truly would walk through fire for the pain this young woman had suffered. Wallace was so much more than a pretty face.

She was the day late friend that he had found—a woman that could have been his, had she now belonged to someone else. She would always be the dragon’s, just as the dragon would always be hers. Two hurt souls, passing as ships in the night. While the magician could exhert his influence over them—he knew he wouldn’t have to. He could only hope that these two would find each other on their own.

He bows his head slowly, the red hair falling in front of his eyes, shielding her from seeing the pain she has caused him—the tumultuous hurt that has been burning his brain for months. Didn’t she see that they were trying? Couldn’t she know that they had been searching for months to find the man who had taken such a perfect porcelain doll, and cracked her beyond repair? He supposed not, but he held her with all the tender grasp as one would handle a newborn baby—beautiful and perfect.

Wallace’s innocence had long been lost, but she was still beautiful and perfect. Her children were innocent in all this, and Ashley had found it in his heart to welcome them to their home… they could not be blamed for their father’s sins—and the ginger man would not lay that burden at their feet. They, like their mother, had his protection.

Always.

Even if it cost him his own existence.

Ashley looks slightly to catch Sabrael’s words, nodding. He would not be in her presence if it was not something she wished for. Pain of that magnitude has no scale—and they had a villain to find. Sabrael’s hint at responsibility for her and what happened is evident. Ashley feels it too. The burden that someone could come onto their shores and hurt one of their own. But that it was Wallace—that was a sin that could not be remedied.

Soft words then, hoping that they will get through to the beautiful grullo, are uttered just barely above a whisper—husky, and with all the meaning that they could—stemming back the tears that Ashley never cried.

“We love you. And however we can help… That is what I want for you. Even if it means never seeing me again. I just want you to know… I love you. And I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you. I will regret those actions until the day I die.”

ashley
    I walked the path, it led me to the end.

Messages In This Thread
    give me something to believe in; any - by Sabrael - 01-31-2017, 11:04 PM
    RE: give me something to believe in; any - by Ashley - 02-26-2017, 11:35 PM