• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Lynx, any

she's the bright hot sun in the cold night
    she's the cold black darkness in the starlight

There is something light about him, something that causes a funny feeling in her chest.

She doesn’t understand it, has never really felt it, and so she ignores it, turning her cheek to the spreading of it. She had no desire to be happy or joyful or to bounce around with the same exuberance as him. So she scowled further, her pretty face contorted with it, her girlish lips pulled down. As he connected the dots, she just laughed, although the sound was hollow and cold in her mouth, meaningless without humor.

“There you go, Fox.” She rolled her eyes at his childish demands and shrugged her shoulders again. “It is not something I can ‘do again.’ It is just something I am. I can read your mind as quickly and as easily as you have thoughts.” One corner of her mouth quirked in the corner. “Or as easily as some have thoughts.”

He didn’t strike her as dumb, but it had taken him quite a bit of time to realize what she was doing.

“You are right though. We have never met in Tephra.” She preferred it that way. She had no business in going about making friends. It wasn’t like her parents were socialites lately. They kept to themselves in the volcanic land—making appearances when necessary but keeping their own company otherwise. Even with her twin, she was oddly distant for most of the time. Connections made you weak, vulnerable.

She couldn’t afford any of that. Not if she was going to do what she believed she could.

“And you’re also right in that you would have remembered me.” She leveled her eyes on him, the icy blue and fiery red staring at him. She was rather unforgettable, in appearance and demeanor. It was something that she planned to leverage in her life; dynasties toppled before those like her. They just needed a shove.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Lynx, any - by lynx - 02-06-2017, 01:05 AM