• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Lynx, any
    My heart saw the things that my eyes couldn't see

As far as Fox is concerned, magic is magic. Where it comes from is really of no import. That his came from Christmas is not something he had ever really bothered to dwell upon before. To him, it simply is. Magic that courses through his veins in the same way it does through hundreds of others all across Beqanna, just as it had through his father. Where his father had gotten it from is a rather fun tale, but as far as he can tell, it is just more of the fickleness of the magic that makes this land what it is.

Pure happenstance as it were. And the fact that his father seems to have impressed the fairies in some way. He had simply inherited it, much as he had inherited the ruddy color of his coat and the copper of his eyes.

And maybe, that is why Lynx is so grumpy. Because she doesn’t believe in the magic of Christmas.

Granted, few here have ever heard of it before. It is not something commonly celebrated in these lands. But anyone in Beqanna should know there are thousands of lands beyond, with an endless variety of creatures and magics and worlds just waiting to be explored. Who’s to say such a magic couldn’t exist?

Clearly it does or Fox would not have it.

She seems quite distracted by something else she had clearly gleaned from Fox’s rather open mind however: the fact that his gift allows him control of ice and snow. Apparently thatis something worthy of note by her standards.

But Fox being Fox can never let well enough alone.

”Oh yes,” he responds brightly, amber eyes widening in charming delight. ”It’s really quite fun.” And, in the spirit of that fun, a swirl of snow and ice begins to form a flurry around her. His gaze grows intensely focused, small body taut as he carefully puts his powers to use. The snow and ice coalesce onto her chin, forming rather long, dangling icicle covered in a thick layer of fluffy white snow that quite accurately depicts a long, white beard.

”There,” he quips proudly, terrible, teasing grin back on his lips. ”You look fabulous.”

He manages to keep himself in check until those last words before losing himself in a quite astonishing fit of giggles.

Fox

Fox is terrible :| :| :|

Messages In This Thread
    RE: My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Lynx, any - by Fox - 02-11-2017, 03:01 PM