• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Lynx, any

she's the bright hot sun in the cold night
    she's the cold black darkness in the starlight

She cannot say that she appreciated the way he laughed at her, the way his eyes lit up at the very sight of her in pain, but she also struggled to muster the same fury. It had dimmed in his presence, which in and of itself was frustrating, but even that was mild—fingers failing to find purchase on the edges of annoyance.

Still, she stuck to her guns, trying to grab whatever scraps of dignity were left to her, and she lifted her chin, shaking her slender body as if to rid herself of whatever snow had clung to her.

“Who is to say that there will be a next time?”

Never mind the fact that part of her warmed beneath his thoughts, the idea that someone could find her laugh a nice sound; never mind the fact that any rage has long since cooled in her belly. Lynx knew well enough to know that this world was not kind to those like him. She could not afford to be soft, vulnerable.

But that didn’t stop the slight mischievous glint in her dual-colored eyes. That didn’t stop the way the corner of her mouth curled into barest of amusements and then stubbornly pulled down in a straight line once more. “I think you would look rather magnificent with a mustache,” she sniffed haughtily, stealing a glance out of the corner of her eyes to study him. Maybe he wasn’t that terrible, wasn’t the bad, after all.

Not that she would ever admit that—not even to herself.

Another half-smile, quickly erased, as she straightened her shoulders.

Really, all of this was just improper.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: My heart saw the things my eyes couldn't see; Lynx, any - by lynx - 02-14-2017, 01:30 AM