• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sometimes darkness can show you the light; uncle
    You need never feel broken again.
    Uncle Kade is a silly billy. He does this cute thing where he pretends not to smile, but just the veriest corner of his lips twitches anyhow like he’s holding in a laugh that’s just an incy wincy bit too big to contain. I like his games, ‘specially when he’s playing all serious-face. Just like now, when he says he doesn’t think I can handle adventure. And then shoves me, to make sure I’m not all pushovery. I wobble, a’cause he’s much bigger than me, but I catch myself before I fall.

“E’scuse me,” I proclaim indignantly, even if the indignantly-ness is just as pretend as his oh-so-seriousness. “I have been on adventures! Or at the very least one big adventure all by my loneso--uuuummmm...” Ohhh oops. Ummm, I actually very did not mean to say that. My eyes go wiiiiide, and my mind races to try to cover that one up. But being not truthful is not exactliest a thing I’m good at, and I gnaw on my bottom lip and look around for inspiration.

“Uhhh I mean, because being borned was a big adventure? Yeah. That. Mm-hmm, so see? I’m not all breaky, a’cause that didn’t break me. Right? That sounds good.” Yes. Good cover. I grin and meet Uncle’s eyes again, my smile maybe a little bit too big. “See, so we should go a’venturing! I like deserts, we could go find one of those! Or! Or we could go swimming! Or catch butterflies! Or if you wanna, we could climb a whole mountain! Or we could go make friends at the playground, you want to go play there?”
    Sometimes darkness can show you the light.

pic by Qinni

Messages In This Thread
    RE: sometimes darkness can show you the light; uncle - by Rora - 02-23-2017, 10:12 PM