• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  like an unsung melody; fox
    You need never feel broken again.
    Oh. Oh my. I maybe didn’t actually look to see who or even what I was apologizing to ‘til it ended up being something that actually talked back, instead of a tree or a bush or a goat or a...um...monkey? One of the big orange kind that are all hairy and funny-faced and wait what? OH! Right! I bumped into a boy. My big blue eyes go even bigger, all wide with surprise as I meet his. Oh and they’re this pretty shade of golden, like sunshine and snuggles and daytime lullabies, and I bet those snuggles would be extra warm and cozy!

He grins, this shining happy crooked grin that makes my heart do a funny little flip in my chest, and I grin right back at him. “Fox! That’s a most excellent name. I like foxes. They look soft and warm and kinda mischiefy, which is a fantastic combination. Are you soft and warm and mischiefy too, is that why you’re Fox? I’m Rora ‘cause my momma makes light dance in pretty patterns called auroras, and that was my first almost-word, and Momma got all wide eyed and gooey and happy and said I was her little Rora. An’ it sounds kinda like my daddy’s name, which makes it extra special good.” I stop to take a breath, and maybe my grin’s a little bit dizzy-like, but it’s only ‘cause--wait, whoa, is that snow?

I blink, and back up a little in my head to try to remember when it snowed and how ‘cause it’s too early for snow. “Oh hey! That’s a cool trick!” I say, when I notice what I was too distracted by his cozy amber eyes to catch at first. “Very neat. You can do like my momma can with light, but with snow? That sounds like all sorts of fun! Can I play with it?”
    Sometimes darkness can show you the light.

pic by Qinni

Messages In This Thread
    like an unsung melody; fox - by Rora - 02-11-2017, 08:23 PM
    RE: like an unsung melody; fox - by Fox - 02-12-2017, 03:04 PM
    RE: like an unsung melody; fox - by Rora - 02-23-2017, 11:06 PM
    RE: like an unsung melody; fox - by Fox - 03-09-2017, 10:37 PM