• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

maybe we're a little different; kade
    You've got a heart as loud as lions, so why let your voice be tamed?
    God, they grow up so fast. Feels like five minutes ago Rora was this tiny little fluffball, all content to be tucked up between me and her daddy, her big blue eyes fighting to stay awake as I made the light dance for her to coax her to sleep. Now? She’s getting all...independent. Why just now she looked right at me and said, “I love you, Momma, but I gotsta talk to Daddy, ‘kay? It’s daddy daughter stuffs, so please go away for a little. You can come back when my belly’s rumbly, ‘kay?” Okay fine so it was kind of adorable. And it made Rhory go all squishy happy, with this sappy grin on his face and awe in his eyes like he still can’t quite believe she’s talking about him when she says stuff like that.

So I put on a show and huffed and sassed and stomped away, all indignant and whatnot, but I grinned at Rhory when our little twinkle star wasn’t looking, and threw him a little wink to let him know I was just playing. And then I went to go find Kade. Let’s be real, who else was I gonna go hang out with? Besides Rhory, he was my best friend. And really the only person who put up with me, even seemed to like me, the crazy bastard. I grinned and headed out to his favorite spot, unsurprised to find him hanging out beneath the bright blue sky.

“Hiya, princess.” Naturally, the first thing I do is wander over to bump my shoulder against his. “It’s been all of a day. Miss me yet?”
    You've got the light to fight the shadows, so stop hiding it away.

Messages In This Thread
    maybe we're a little different; kade - by Arrya - 02-11-2017, 09:38 PM