• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[OPEN] Hurricane
    don't you tell me to deny it; i've done wrong and i want to suffer for my sins.
        The display that soon unfolds before her nearly causes the very seams of her sides to split, her rib cage heaving with laughter. In a most comical manner, and in a flurry of fumbling, flailing limbs, the young male becomes doused in the frigid, icy water of the undulating brook. Droplets of water stain his russet coat, traveling along the terse yet finely sculpted curve of his jaw and down the length of his body - his eyes darkened with embarrassment and discomfort. Disgruntled, a brief shake of his muscled frame is all it takes for him to shower her in water droplets, and though she grimaces and turns her cheek for a moment, she cannot hide the amusement and mirth bubbling beneath the surface. The simple glee reaches the very depths of her hazel eyes, which finally meet with his. The ridge of her brow furrows with curiosity, her shapely skull tilted slightly to the left - perplexed.

Why is he looking at me like that?

A long, pregnant pause hovers in the thick, hot summer air, though a gentle breeze soon carries through, weaving its way delicately through the curved, wrenched branches above. A crackling of electricity stirs, settling between the two, leaving a effervescent uneasiness within the pit of her stomach. Her smile slowly wanes, her bright almond eyes widening as the atmosphere seemingly shifts around her, the laughter having died in her throat, leaving behind a sizable lump that she cannot swallow. The silence is so deafening, she cannot hear the trickling of water along the smooth stones beneath, or the soft rustling of the leaves overhead; she cannot hear anything but the sound of her own blood pounding through her veins or the rattling of her rapidly beating heart inside of her chest.

Adrenaline, she surmises (insists), her chin tucking closer to the broadness of her chest. She knew nothing of this individual, his temperament or his abilities. Her muscles roll and tense beneath her golden skin, her posture rigid with uncertainty - surely, she had imagined the awe in his bright eyes; she had imagined the shifting intensity between them. (Frankly, she had misinterpreted him completely - she had never seen anyone look at her in such a way. Not like that.) His expression, previously one of awe and enthrallment, changes again, his brow furrowed and his jaw terse with agitation, casting a shadow of doubt in her mind. Had she gone too far? 

As her heart pounds and her mind races, the tension wanes yet again - leaving her baffled; bemused. Intrigued.  His eyes avert away from her, and she cannot resist the temptation to step forward, to encircle him and to step in the way of his intended path. He had little to say - nothing, in fact, and if it had been anyone else, she might have let him go. But something within the depths of his eyes pulled her out of her comfort zone, drawing her nearer, enticing her like a moth to a flame. An incredulous smile tugs at the corner of her whiskered lips yet again, brow ridge rising with inquiry. "Where are you going?" As if she had any right to ask. "Don't be so serious. Tell me your name."

Not asking, demanding.

And finally, "My name is Ellyse."
    Ellyse

Messages In This Thread
    [OPEN] Hurricane - by swxrdsandpxns - 02-13-2017, 09:19 PM
    RE: [OPEN] Hurricane - by Ellyse - 02-13-2017, 11:02 PM
    RE: [OPEN] Hurricane - by swxrdsandpxns - 02-14-2017, 01:19 PM
    RE: [OPEN] Hurricane - by Ellyse - 02-14-2017, 03:10 PM
    RE: [OPEN] Hurricane - by swxrdsandpxns - 02-16-2017, 07:32 PM
    RE: [OPEN] Hurricane - by Ellyse - 02-17-2017, 02:42 AM
    RE: [OPEN] Hurricane - by swxrdsandpxns - 02-17-2017, 07:42 PM
    RE: [OPEN] Hurricane - by Ellyse - 02-17-2017, 08:32 PM