• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; stillwater
    Stillwater
    His heart raced in his panic. He hadn't killed her, right? Let it be like Karaugh, that he let her live. He'd rather the danger of craving her than her death at his hands. At his mouth, his hunger. He nudged at her roughly in his desperate worry, urging her to wake again, please wake again. He closed his eyes and pressed his forehead to her cheek, tried to regain control of his breathing.

"Stillwater."

He jerked up and stared down at her at the sound of her voice, so sluggish and drowsy with a soft smile on her lips. The sharp worry in his eyes dissolved into a new warmth, relieved that she was alright, but then closed over the disgust and guilt that he had done this to her. She reached and lipped at his hair, tugging him back down to her to lay kisses along his jaw. He softened with a woeful smile, returning her quick affection with a tentative brush of his lips to the bridge of her nose below her eye.

"I'm okay," she promised, gently brushing aside his hair from his eyes. "I'm not hurt. Will you stay with me awhile?" Her speech, her movements, were all so slow, almost delayed. He had done this to her. She leaned back, leaned into his side and rest her head on his shoulder. With a weight in his chest, he tucked his chin to kiss her forehead, let his lips linger and rest there for a long moment before he lifted enough to speak, his breath fanning lightly across her face.

Of course, he said quietly. I'm so sorry, Luster. How could he have done this to her? How had he lost control of it? How would he protect her in the future? Words. He could say words, make a promise. A vow. But that was dangerous, so dangerous. If he promised he'd never kill her, she became the weapon that couldn't be destroyed. She became his death. He couldn't promise not to ever feed from her again either, not unless he'd sacrifice himself completely. Wither away and die so that she may live protected from him.

No, he'd have to think of something else.
    Gain better control of it.

Don't sleep, beautiful. You have to stay awake. She'd lost too much blood. He'd taken too much blood. He'd nearly killed her. Stay awake. We'll go home soon. When she could stand again. When she was strong enough.
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    RE: this brilliant light is brighter than we've known; stillwater - by Stillwater - 04-30-2017, 06:36 PM